The Aave Companies are a group of software development companies that build open-source, blockchain-based software for the Web3 world. With a mission to reinvent our modern paradigms in the realm of finance, social media and beyond, we are focused on building revolutionary products and protocols that will reinvent the ways we communicate, our financial systems, and our cultural norms. United with one clear goal, the Aave Companies are determined to build a future for users that provide them with better control over their finances, data and social experiences.
Having cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture, our team is kind, welcoming and passionate about what we are building. We celebrate differences and seek to develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool from all over the world. No matter where you are based, no ghost will be left behind and we appreciate every moment we get to work and have fun together.
About the role:
We are looking for a VP Finance to join our growing team and support the global business. This person will act as a financial advisor to the business, instrumental in optimising revenue and managing the financial health of the group but also play a strategic role in achieving our growth and fundraising objectives, while upholding the highest standards of ethics and compliance. An interest in decentralised finance, blockchain, web3, digital assets and financial technology is a distinct advantage. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of changing the traditional finance landscape.
How you can make an impact:
- Overall ownership of the production of group and company financial and management accounts, board packs, and liaison with external accounting and audit firms
- Support the global end-to-end monthly and year-end closing process, including cryptographic asset accounting, transfer pricing, consolidations, reporting, audit and tax compliance.
- Lead the full cycle development and management of the Aave companies budget process to support the business in achieving the company OKRs
- Partner closely with key internal (e.g Product, Engineering, Growth, HR, Legal) and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain financial models for commercial finance and FP&A functions
- Spearhead the creation and implementation of fundraising strategies to secure financial support
- Manage the fundraising process from an admin and coordination perspective, including preparing and maintaining investor due diligence and information packs, and as the key finance contact for investor relations
- Collaborate closely with the Treasury team on cash flow management, investments, financial risk management etc.
- Own the administration of the company’s intellectual property and licensing
- Oversee all finance operations, including payroll, procurement and insurance
- Strive for continuous improvement by implementing new tools and AI, automating processes and role modelling best practices to ensure the team is efficient, accurate and insightful
- Work closely with the CFO on other Finance, product and business line-related activities
- Contribute to and support senior management with strategy development and implementing strategic initiatives
- Support the corporate governance and company secretarial activities for the Group and its subsidiaries
Let’s connect if:
- ACA, CPA or equivalent accounting professional qualification
- 10 + years of experience across Accounting, FP&A, Commercial Finance, Audit, Analytics
- Tech, DeFi or Crypto industry experience preferable
- Experience working across multiple global jurisdictions
- Experience assessing and leading company through a fundraising round
- Advanced understanding of IFRS and closing/reporting processes. Understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements is desirable
- Proficiency with Data modelling and analytical tools. Experience with Netsuite and/or Hyperion is preferred
Haven’t quite met all the criteria? Let’s not miss out on the chance to speak. Whilst you might not meet every single requirement, you might bring other, more exciting skills to the companies!
What we stand for:
Craft — Seek excellence.
Accountability — One for all. All for one.
Integrity — Be true.
Sisu — Dig deep.
Community — We’re in it together.
Equal opportunities statement:
The Aave Companies celebrates diversity and views each and every team member as a separate individual with their own unique identity. No matter your race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or even the wallet you use, we welcome you at the Aave Companies. As an equal opportunities employer, we take accountability and believe in everyone’s potential to build, create and inspire changes. With a mission to build a diverse workforce, we are proud to foster a working environment in which everyone can feel safe and valued for who they are.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.eu.lever.co.