Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for « The People ») encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are seeking a full-time technical writer to join our developer team. You will join a team of talented developers to make our products & libraries easier to use and to help explain our underlying technology to a larger audience.
We are seeking a great communicator with a deep understanding of Web3 technologies: an experienced writer who can explain complex topics in a simple way, and has the ability to organize and structure our content to allow developers to onboard quickly and effectively.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing high quality documentation such as technical/architecture documentation, user guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support docs for key aspects of our platform
- Documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers
- Organizing documentation and making them easily discoverable
- Maintaining content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Monitoring external channels (like Discord) where target audience of these docs may provide feedback
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the product and what customers/developers need
- Proactively identifying gaps in the documentation or knowledge base articles
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer on complex products/projects (preferably in the distributed systems, fintech or blockchain space)
- Our ideal candidate can comprehend blockchain and DeFi concepts quickly and understand the user journey from multiple perspectives
- Comfortable reading code (with some pointers when necessary)
- Enjoys working at the command line
Has demonstrated experience identifying critical doc projects and executing them
Is familiar with Markdown and typical content management workflows
- Creative skills and usage of visuals that may increase understanding
- Comfortable working autonomously and in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with an emphasis on cross-team communication
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all full-time Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.