Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We are building Waku as a public good infrastructure. Waku is the messaging layer of Web3.
It is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, privacy-preserving communication network that enables anyone to send and receive messages without worrying about surveillance or deplatforming.
We are developing 3 open source implementations of Waku:
- Nwaku. https://github.com/status-im/nwaku: the reference implementation and service node,
- Js-waku, https://github.com/waku-org/js-waku: for the browser
- Go-waku: https://github.com/waku-org/go-waku: to integrate as a library in native applications
We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 decentralization and more.
From early on, we have released Waku libraries and pushed for developer adoption with a basic set of documentation and materials. Now, that the Waku is maturing, we are looking for a tech writer to improve the quality of existing documentation, consolidate the various library documentation in a centralized and well organized website and finally, write more guides and tutorials to ensure that any developer wishing to use Waku can do so with ease.
- Review and update technical documentation articles. Collaborate with SMEs to consolidate/disperse documentation and guides into a single and unified structure.
- Improve and document the planning, writing, reviewing, and publishing workflows in the documentation process.
- Contributing to the writing style guide and applying the writing rules consistently.
- Bring new and innovative approaches to improve and simplify the Waku documentation process.
You ideally will have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Strong command of the English language
- At least 3 years of proven experience writing technical documentation for software products, including API & infrastructure documentation. Writing samples will be requested.
- Proficient use of Markdown, command-line git, and GitHub.
- Ability to depict complex processes in easy-to-read workflows and diagrams.
- Passion for quality and content design. Ability to go beyond writing content by understanding how to structure this content to improve user experience.
- Happy to iterate and collaborate: draft, ask, test, fail, and improve.
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- A strong interest in blockchain technology and Ethereum.
- Strong interest in information design and information architecture.
- Experience working with and implementing static site generators (Docusaurus, Material for MkDocs, etc.)
- Experience using design tools to create workflows and diagrams.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $60,000 – $80,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.status.im.