Site Web3 Foundation
Internship: Technical Project Evaluator
The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralised web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralised technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce, and more.
Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security, and more. In addition, we are supporting the development of a number of technologies that form the Web 3.0 tech stack – such as decentralised messaging, distributed storage, and secret management.
About the Role & Web3 Foundation
The Web3 Foundation is committed to distributing a significant amount of funding for the development of open-source software that will contribute to the creation of the Web3 technologies stack. Once we have selected the projects to fund, we ensure they make progress on their milestones so that their software is developed according to their roadmap and can be used by the wider community.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. This position is based in Zug, Switzerland, but we would consider remote (EU) working for outstanding candidates.
- Help different committees evaluating grant applications, including assessing the technical feasibility and utility of a project
- Evaluate milestones, including reviewing code and documentation, compiling/building and functional testing of projects
- Liaise with the applying teams, in order to answer their questions and better understand their application, intentions and deliverables
- Work alongside other teams such as Technical Education to evaluate on-chain treasury proposals and share objective feedback with the community
- Basic knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies and applications
- Programming experience, ideally in Rust, or in Go, C++/C#
- Technical ability to evaluate software implementation: setting up environments; compiling projects and their dependencies;
- Approachable personality and clear communication style in English
- Experience with Substrate, and ideally in Polkadot/Kusama
- Experience with Code Reviews / Quality Assurance / Quality Testing of backend/server-side software
- Experience with Linux, and other Unix-based OSes
- Technical education experience (formal or informal)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on the:
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter web3.bamboohr.com.