About the Role
The ideal tech lead is a senior software engineer who oversees the development of projects and mentors a team of engineers. By joining Magna, you will build the future of token management with us by making crucial decisions in the design and implementation of software architecture that scales.
What you’ll do
- Lead a pod of 3-5 engineers across the stack (frontend and backend)
- Own the software architecture, data architecture, and technical designs, providing technical leadership and expertise along the way
- Identify and mitigate technical risks
- Ensure that technical debt is kept under control
- Where appropriate, ensure code modularity in the code written by the team through peer code-reviews, to increase our team’s velocity and make our code infrastructure more scalable
- Work closely with the product manager to ensure that the roadmap is feasible and deadlines are realistic
- Review potential engineering candidates as we grow our footprint and scope
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of software engineering, 2+ leading engineers and engineering initiatives
- Experience working with B2B software applications, or apps used by tens of thousands of users
- Familiarity with our tech stack (TypeScript, Next.js, Prisma/PostgreSQL, React, GraphQL)
- A team leader, or a senior software engineer ready to step up!
- Although we prefer New York-based candidates for a hybrid work setup, we’ll consider fully remote candidates who can align reasonably with the EST timezone
Magna’s Tech Stack
Magna is a multi-chain dapp, and our stack includes TypeScript, Next.js, React and GraphQL, as well as the native languages for various blockchains (i.e. Solidity, Rust, Move).
Experience with any of these is nice to have, but not a requirement:
- DevOps, infrastructure, or data analytics experience
- Interfacing with smart contracts and blockchain via libraries (any blockchain).
- Applications where security and integrity is extremely important (finance, fintech, government, etc.)
Reasons you might be the right candidate for this role:
- Experience leading a team — You’re used to splitting up work, reviewing PRs, and holding the team to a high bar of technical excellence and thoughtful
- Passion for engineering — genuine passion and curiosity for the craft that you bring to work each day
- Good taste — You think critically about how you build what you build, and apply good judgment to every design and implementation decision along the way.
- We are a hybrid office, with employees in New York city expected to come in 2x a week
- We’re flexible with in-office hours – you won’t have to travel during peak hour!
Compensation for candidats in New York: $210,000 – $230,000
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.