Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
We’re looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. This Engineer will enable our developers as they work efficiently while building a vibrant ecosystem for the Avalanche Blockchain. You’ll enable our teams across several business units and engineering teams to design, optimize, and and implement greenfield technology for a variety of use cases. This particular role will be a key part of our release schedule and production monitoring.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, develop, and optimize highly reliable and scalable infrastructure focused on SRE principles.
- Implement and maintain monitoring, logging, and tracing tools to gain insights into service behavior and health.
- Establish and uphold SLOs (Service Level Objectives), SLIs (Service Level Indicators), and error budgets for critical systems.
- Enhance the reliability and resiliency of critical systems by identifying single points of failure and implementing best practices.
- Collaborate with software developers to build reliability and performance into applications from inception.
- Automate and streamline incident management processes to minimize service disruption and improve response times.
- Participate in on-call rotations, ensuring quick restoration of services and fostering a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset by analyzing and learning from incidents and implementing preventive measures.
- Leverage cloud technologies and IaC tools to ensure scalability and repeatability.
- Advocate for best practices in reliability, security, and maintainability within the team and across the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience as an SRE, DevOps, or Cloud Engineer.
- Strong grasp of SRE principles, including error budgets, SLOs, and SLIs.
- Cloud networking and orchestration with AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, S3, ELB).
- Strong Kubernetes experience with Docker or RKT containerization.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, and Ansible.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK Stack.
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures. (Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages and the creation of scripts. (Python and GoLang preferred).
- Working knowledge of decentralized architecture design patterns and distributed systems.
Salary Range: $175,000 to $218,800
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you’ve ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company – this is it! We’re a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We’re highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.