We are changing the game… SwissBorg is here to put Crypto assets back into the hands of ordinary people by allowing them to manage and create their own wealth.
We are also Europe’s fastest growing Crypto app and since launching in 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland our flagship SwissBorg app has taken the market by storm! We currently offer 47 different cryptocurrencies and our user base has grown year on year, with 600,000+ community members.
Our aim is to be the gateway to DeFi. The revolution of crypto is bringing transparency and access to financial services that were, up until now, only accessible to the most wealthy. At the same time, DeFi is, in its current state, awfully complicated to use. Our mission is to build a product that is user-friendly and community centric most of all. With Swissborg, our mission is to provide everyone access to the tools that will enable them to safely increase their wealth using the power of DeFI.
We have ambitious plans to keep growing and are now looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team to ensure the stability and scalability of our platform. We act as responsible owners and we are hoping that the right person shares this belief and wants to take pride in the stability and scalability of our platform and wants to own the SRE function at SwissBorg. We are growing quickly and there is scope for the person coming into this role to continue to scale the SRE team.
The Engineering team at SwissBorg operates with a strong DevOps culture, meaning you will be working collaboratively with development teams to ensure projects are efficiently developed, integrated and deployed. We believe a healthy work-life balance within our teams will enable everyone to do their best work. However, due to the mission-critical nature of this role, there is a real possibility of emergency call if we experience an unexpected outage. As a team, we will do everything to avoid such a situation from happening and plan accordingly for the work.
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in the European timezone.
What you might be doing:
- Provide expertise and guidance to build self-healing system with high availability and scalability to ensure high availability of SwissBorg products
- Ensure the health of all environments by monitoring technical and business metrics, setting up alerts for things going wrong, acting proactively to prevent disasters, acting fast and effectively when they happen
- Identify opportunities to automate or improve processes and then implement the automation
- Continuously improve our CI/CD pipelinesEnsuring emergency events can be responded to, quickly and precisely
- Active participation in incident response impacting multiple teams — clearly understanding and communicating what is going on, next steps, and participate in post mortems
- Be on-call for production servicesDiscovering new technologies and exploring how we could integrate them into our processes to improve our systems and solve problem
What you can expect from us:
We offer a remote working environment
25 days annual leave plus local bank holidays
Annual bonus paid in CHSB
A welcome CHSB bonus
Flexible working hours
Individual learning and development budget
Annual team retreats
A MacBook Pro
An equipment voucher to ensure that your home office is up to your standards
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.