Acala’s mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.
Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the de facto DeFi parachain and stablecoin of the Polkadot ecosystem. Polkadot provides the underlying trust primitives to our parachain, upon which we’ve built our suite of financial primitives including; decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin; trustless staking derivatives, and Decentralized Exchange. These primitives will be used by us and other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and remove the need for the intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system.
We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more. Acala has just began its launch process on December 18, 2021, so there’s no better time to join our mission and be a part of the future that we’re building.
NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobs
About the role
As a Solidity Engineer your role will focus on the design and development of smart contracts for Acala EVM compatible projects. You’ll be expected to deliver production level code with little management or supervision, and to contribute new development ideas to our other projects. You won’t be working alone, and you’ll have a lot of support from Bryan Chen and the other 10+ members of Acala’s Engineering Team.
Our ideal candidate will have developed smart contracts before in a production environment, and will be able to discuss deployment to a blockchain at interview. We’re expecting to hire someone who is very familiar with developing many different types of smart contracts, and wants to continue to do so for the growing Polkadot/Kusama parachain ecosystems. We’re open to a wide range of candidates that might be freelancing or looking for a fixed-term project.
Competitive Salary | Full Time | Contract | Remote anywhere
What you’ll do
- Design Smart Contracts for Acala’s EVM
- Create the Solidity specifications from high-level proposals
- Write the Solidity code from that specification [50% of the job]
- Make security a top priority and create high-quality software documentation
- Work for Acala but participate with other teams on joint projects
What it takes
- 2+ years Solidity development experience
- Strong knowledge of secure and scalable software development techniques
- Experience with DeFi smart contracts for staking, lending, etc
- Fluent English
- BONUS: Show us deployment of your work via public URLs, GitHub, etc
What we offer
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you’ll invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobs. For more information on this position, our employment conditions, or anything related to working for Acala, get in touch with our Talent Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
With approximately 50 full-time team members working across 8 different countries, our team is truly decentralised. We’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate & Rust engineers, full-stack dApp developers, & Economist Analysts. But we’re just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.
The community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:
– Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
– Guidance and Support
– Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
– True decentralisation
– Less Trust, More Truth
– Empowering individuals with more autonomy
What We Have Achieved
Acala was founded in 2019 as an early Web3 Foundation grant recipient, and is an ecosystem and education partner of both the W3F and Polkadot. Throughout 2021 we have proven ourselves to be the DeFi hub(s) of the Polkadot Ecosystem & Community by securing the first crowdloan-funded parachain slots on both the Polkadot & Kusama blockchain networks. But even at this, our true work has only just begun…
NOTE: To all external Recruiters who have ‘exciting profiles’ to share with us, please do so knowing that without signed terms & conditions Acala deem any introductions made to be a complimentary courtesy to the development of the world’s Web3 infrastructure. Thank you for your support.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.