Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for « The People ») encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As part of the Programming Languages team, you will be responsible for improving the developer experience in one or more different programming languages. You will shape all aspects of these programming languages from ideation to implementation and work closely with smart contract developers to build safe and powerful applications. These applications will have an emphasis on quality, safety, and interoperability with other Aptos tools. The scope, as it currently stands, is open-ended, but some projects will be likely from the following areas: governance, tokenomics, decentralized finance, games, social.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing features and improvements to one or more programming languages
- Collaborating with the blockchain team on the programming language interfaces, execution, and storage
- Work closely with smart contract developers and application designers to develop safely and scalably
- Leading by example, writing the code, fixing bugs, and participating in design discussions when it is necessary to help the engineers working with you.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Expertise in the design and implementation of compilers including parsing, semantic analysis, type checking, optimization, and code generation.
- Experience with a low-level programming languages such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
- Interest or familiarity in “smart contract” languages such as Move and Solidity
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.