Acala’s mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.
Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the multichain DeFi hub built on top of Polkadot. We’ve built a suite of financial primitives including; decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin; trustless liquid staking derivatives, and Decentralized Exchange, EVM app platform, and multichain asset router. These primitives will be used by us and other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and remove the need for the intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system.
We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more. Acala began its launch process on December 18, 2021, and we’ve an exciting new roadmap planned throughout 2023/24, so there’s no better time to join the DeFi mission and be a part of the future that we’re building…because we’re building it for you, too.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced SDET to join Acala’s Blockchain Engineering team of 10+ Engineers. Our platform consists of; Rust-based blockchain nodes; an EVM of Solidity-based smart contracts; and a variety of other Fullstack elements like Typescript / React / Node.js. Our Developers already have mature pre-release checklists for these various projects, but it will be your job to help us tie them all together into a unified Test & Release Strategy – and to automate as much of it as possible.
As the 1st SDET at Acala you will have an ‘open menu’ regarding what tools to use for; internal release; public beta release(s); production release; and deciding what we should (or shouldn’t) be automating in the process. We have created this role now because we are ready for a dedicated SDET, and we know that there are great Engineers out there who know how to setup and run QA processes ‘from zero’ but haven’t yet been given the chance to do so – this is your opportunity.
Our ideal candidate(s) will also have some exposure to build management for a set of web-based applications, and will be able to discuss the highs and lows of release scheduling at interview. We’re expecting to hire someone who is familiar with blockchain concepts, but we’re open to a wide range of Engineers that might be focused on more traditional applications, provided they are aware of blockchain trends and what we’re building.
Competitive Salary | Full Time | Contract | Remote anywhere
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our CTO to maintain Acala’s QA, Build & Release strategy
- Work with our COO & Product Team to identify new and vulnerable test cases
- Work with our experienced JS Engineers to enhance their QA & Release checklists
- Own Release Management tasks, and Issue tracking/sorting on Github
- Possible extensions; Security / Vulnerability auditing; Load and performance testing
What it takes
- 5 years (or more) experience with Production Quality Software Processes
- At least 3 years focused on BackEnd QA & Release for web-based applications
- Experience as a SDET or QAE in a startup, preferably using JS tools & frameworks
- Expert knowledge of test tools & frameworks for Js/Ts; Mocha, Jest, Nightwatch, etc
- Basic knowledge of common Smart Contracts use cases
- Bonus: Experience building/testing Rust applications
What we offer
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you’ll have to invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
- Series A statement by CEO Ruitao Su
- Web3 Grant statement by COO Bette Chen
- Coinbase investment statement by Growth VP Dan Reecer
- Find us on GitHub, YouTube, Twitter & Discord
- Get started! Try out our Testnet for yourself
With approximately 20+ full-time team members working across 8 different countries, our team is truly decentralised. We’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate & Rust engineers, full-stack dApp developers, & Economist Analysts. But we’re just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.
The community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:
- Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
- Guidance and Support
- Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
- True decentralisation
- Less Trust, More Truth
- Empowering individuals with more autonomy
NOTE: To all external Recruiters who have ‘exciting profiles’ to share with us, please do so knowing that without signed terms & conditions Acala deem any introductions made to be a complimentary courtesy to the development of the world’s Web3 infrastructure. Thank you for your support.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter wellfound.com.