About the Company:
Shardeum is building a layer 1, EVM-based, linearly scalable, smart contract platform that provides low gas fees forever while maintaining true decentralization and solid security through dynamic state sharding. Shardeum aims to be a chain capable of onboarding over a billion people to the crypto revolution, while also democratizing accessibility to decentralization.
Shardeum’s mission is supported by prominent Venture Capitalists in the blockchain space, and we are on track to become one of the most widely used and well known smart contract platforms in blockchain history.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply. Your talent and potential is what matters most to us. Shardeum is committed to creating an inclusive culture.
About The Role:
The Software Engineering team at Shardeum is responsible for delivering the Shardeum Mainnet, and developing the smart contract platform, the consensus layer and the protocol layer. We focus on building scalable, performant, secure and reliable software that can be downloaded by thousands of node operators to actualize the Shardeum network.
We are in search of highly talented, innovative individuals to join our team. If you enjoy solving complex computer science problems, are passionate about what you work on, are a perfectionist who wants to build things the right way, and are persistent about finishing what you started, then you’re the kind of person we are looking for. You will be working with equally talented and innovative individuals with the goal of building incredible software with the potential to change the world.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with a fully distributed team around the world
- Contributing to the architecture and implementation of complex software components in Node.js
- End-to-end ownership of critical software components
- Designing and developing innovative new consensus and protocol software
- Ensuring performance optimization, and making scalability / reliability improvements to the software
- Testing, reviewing and suggesting improvements to the software
- Resolving issues, debugging errors and fixing code to improve the reliability and security of the software
- The tech stack you will be using is: Node.js, TypeScript, SQLite, Postgres, React and Vue.js
- The development environment will be: Linux, Git, AWS, Docker and VSCode
What We’re Looking For:
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures
- Ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Ability to write clean yet efficient code
- The Creativity to come up with proof of concept from high level design, while not knowing all the details
- Self motivated to set priorities and methodically make progress towards the goals
- The ability to communicate effectively and convey your ideas when discussing technical topics with team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
We’d Love If You Have:
- Experience with concurrency, parallelism and distributed systems
- Familiarity with the Shardeum / Shardus open source repos
- Experience with consensus protocols and other blockchains
- Experience with Node.js and TypeScript, or languages like C, C++, Rust or Go
- Experience writing a smart contract on a blockchain
- Experience running a node in a blockchain network
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Experience with networks and operating systems
- Graduated with high academic scores or with honors
- Won or placed in a hackathon(s)
- Ranked highly on competitive coding sites
- Contributed to open source projects
- Written articles or created videos on technical topics, especially related to blockchain
- Read the Bitcoin and Ethereum whitepapers
- Done something extraordinary
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under two weeks. Our interviews take place via video calls and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (1 hour)
- Technical Tests (1-3 x 1-2 hours)
- Culture & Values Interview (1 hour)
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, however we prefer candidates who can work during or overlap with the US Central time zone.
We are building the infrastructure for Web 3.0. It’s going to be a rollercoaster ride but promises to be fun!
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter shardeum.org.