Stake Technologies is a team behind Astar Network, the dApp Hub of Polkadot. We create and maintain the infrastructure that other smart contracts and blockchain projects will be using.
The Core Development team at Stake Technologies focuses on developing the core components of the Astar Network runtime node and the various virtual machine that is used within it for smart contract execution for Substrate including the contract pallet and partially in the frontier project.
As a senior WebAssembly engineer, we are looking for a talented individual with profound knowledge of WebAssmbly technology with Rust, and WebAssembly smart contract development for blockchains. You will be mostly working on Substrate’s module for smart contracts ‒ the contract pallet, a virtual machine that runs WebAssembly smart contracts. This is highly security-sensitive code that is subject to one of the most adversarial environments in computing: Deterministically executing untrusted code in a highly resource-constrained system. Hence an extra amount of consideration is required when designing and implementing new features. That said, there is a lot of room for innovation which allows for a rewarding work experience.
Expect to deal directly with WebAssembly bytecode on a regular basis in order to write tests, implement instrumentation passes, debug contract code or evaluate how the contracts platform could profit from integrating new WebAssembly proposals.
As the contracts pallet sometimes reaches the limits of Substrate’s runtime authoring framework you will also venture deeper into its codebase from time to time in order to improve the underlying infrastructure.
Improving performance, integrating XCM, and most importantly, getting WebAssembly smart contracts ready for Polkadot are some of the things on our roadmap.
You will be part of a pivotal moment for interoperable blockchain history in creating a decentralized internet and bridging other blockchains on the way.
- Work with the core development team to fix or improve the Substrate core modules and the smart contract virtual machine.
- Implement features for cross-communication between EVM and the WASM contract pallet.
- Integrate XCM function with smart contracts.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 3+ years of development experience in WebAssembly with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- Strong desire to learn about blockchain architecture and cryptography.
- Knowledge of HyperLedger, Ethereum, Polkadot, or other blockchain technologies with smart contract capabilities.
- Knowledge of LLVM, WASM VMs.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
- Understanding of open-source culture.
- History of contributing to various open-source projects.
- Understanding of cross-cultural communication in a highly diverse and distributed working environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team.
Nice to haves
- State of the art P2P networking research and technologies.
- Experience writing and performance tuning databases.
- Rust performance optimization and tuning.
- Stake Technologies is a fully distributed global company that encapsulates the true Web3 spirit in this modern age. All work is done remotely and you are allowed to work from anywhere in the world.
- You will gain a deep understanding of modern blockchain technology and business development skills that will translate to many other jobs.
- Astar is one of the fastest-growing blockchains in the Polkadot ecosystem. You will get to meet various companies and projects and have a chance to talk with industry legends.
- We offer a competitive salary and additional token incentives.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter angel.co.