At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Senior Staff Machine Learning engineer at Coinbase, you will be a steward of our architecture, operations, scale, and security. You’ll be building the critical infrastructure for the open financial system — tapping into a variety of large data sources such as the blockchain — to provide millions of people access to crypto while detecting and preventing bad actors. You’ll not only have the chance to drive significant impact from protecting Coinbase, you’ll also leverage machine learning to make our product delightful by adding intelligence to news, notifications, risk, and much more. You will help us recruit and develop world-class engineers that represent the best in the industry. You will look outward as well as inward, aligning our executive team and product strategy with changes in technology, and help us create an innovative culture.
While you need to be strategic in your thinking, this is also very much a “hands-on” job – there are no ivory towers or “architect-only” roles. You should be able to dive deep into code and implement complex systems where necessary. You must be willing to operate without boundaries and be able and willing to fix problems anywhere you find them.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and launch excellent productionalized, low-maintenance models.
- Build features and success metrics by disambiguating requirements.
- Leverage state of the art machine learning techniques for a variety of problems across the company including fraud, feed ranking, recommendations and targeting, blockchain mining.
- Setup A/B experiments and iterate until impact is landed.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 12+ yrs of industry experience as a machine learning engineer
- Experience with at least one ML model: Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosting trees, Deep learning, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, feature exploration, ETL, and visualization.
- Experience in one or more of the following: data mining, information retrieval, advanced statistics or natural language processing, computer vision.
- Experience building backend systems at scale with a focus on data processing/machine learning/analytics.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: add positive energy, communicate clearly, be curious, and be a builder.
Nice to haves:
- BS, MS, PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow, Spark, Flink, Kafka/Kinesis, Snowflake, Hadoop, Hive.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with model interpretability, responsible AI.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.coinbase.com.