We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association, where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
The MetaMask Dapp API Team
Empowering developers to deliver great decentralized user experiences is at the heart of MetaMask’s purpose. From the beginning, we have done so by providing the web with an API that allows any developer to turn their site or web-app into a decentralized app connected to the blockchain.
The MetaMask Dapp API allows dapps to do things like: propose transactions to users, propose to users that they approve an address to transfer their tokens (this is how uniswap works), access the address of the users current account, use keys in MetaMask to help users encrypt and decrypt messages, propose to users that they sign specific messages, access the connected node/provider and call all methods on the Ethereum RPC API, and to propose that users add and switch to a specific network.
To get a fuller picture of the current API, you can check out our documentation https://docs.metamask.io/guide/rpc-api.html#table-of-contents
By improving and expanding this API, we can make entirely new types of decentralized user experiences possible. There is also much work to do to make this API accessible for the many new developers joining our space.
We are hiring engineers to join our Dapp API team and help us build the platform on which the world’s most exciting dapps will be built.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is:
- Growth-minded and collaborative, and who thrives in an environment with some ambiguity, autonomy, and the freedom to experiment.
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication and with giving and receiving feedback
- Supportive of their team’s collective performance and growth
- Successfully working in a fully remote environment, individually and within a team
- Respectful, patient, and empathic in every interaction and relationship with their coworkers and the community
- Enthusiastic and unwavering on shipping high-quality code
The Dapp API team carries an important mission to craft and maintain the best API for developers so that anyone can build on web3 by turning their website or web app into a decentralized app connected to the blockchain.
The senior software engineer role is a critical part of this team. They would be responsible for creating and managing the API that all MetaMask developers are using. As web3 involves, the API needs to evolve with the larger ecosystem. This requires a team of highly dynamic and agile software engineers to serve MetaMask’s developer community.
Because of the complexity and nascency of web3, most of our API have a very long lifecycle after being made publicly available. The engineer who takes on this role will be the guardian of a high-quality API with a long lifecycle in a rapidly evolving ecosystem. This engineer must have a long-term mindset when planning and designing the API as well as introducing any new major change.
A candidate must have at least:
- 2 years of experience working on a team of at least 3 other engineers with a strong focus on peer reviews
- 1 year of working experience with building/deploying dapps and/or web3/ethers.js libraries
- 2 years of experience with architecting, implementing, and/or managing externally-facing APIs (used by developers not belonging to the same organization)
- 2 years of experience managing an existing codebase
- 1 year of experience owning and managing unit, integration, end-to-end tests, and/or testing frameworks/strategies
- 1 year of experience with JSON-RPC, Swagger, and/or OpenAPI
While not required, experience in any of the following areas is very nice to have:
- Security engineering
- Involvement in EIP authoring or review processes
- Browser APIs
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD127,000 – $USD241,000
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter consensys.net.