We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Security Operations Team
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Operations team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
What you’ll be doing:
The Security Operations group is a multi-functional organization that includes our CSIRT, Trust & Safety, Insider Threat, and Threat Intelligence. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally-speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- You’ll serve as the first line of response when a security alert needs to be triaged, and lead the incident response/ management as needed
- You’ll also refine our alerting rules to improve our signal/noise ratio, because no one wants to be a button-pusher or SOC monkey
- If something happens twice, you’ll write a runbook for it. If it happens three times, you’ll figure out a way to automate that runbook
- You’ll partner with Trust & Safety and Threat Intelligence on some of our attacker investigations to build TTP profiles
- You’ll be part of a light on-call rotation with counterparts in multiple time zones
- You’ll collaborate with cross functional teams like engineering, product development, compliance to ensure timely Incident Response
What we look for in you:
Some security teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, years of experience, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than the acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been doing practical security things (incident response, phishkit/malware analysis, investigating account compromises, etc) for a while now
- You don’t just reflexively open up a Jupyter Notebook during an investigation, you’ve actually got favorite Jupyter Notebooks you’ve built up over the years, because you like backing up your conclusions with data, and you like automating things
- You eat logs and packets for breakfast
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- Your high degree of empathy means that your coworkers trust you to help solve their security problems, because you never come across as judgmental or condescending
- You’ve got passion for security and are willing to learn and apply the knowledge
- Pressure doesn’t get to you, even in high intensity situations or environments
Nice to haves:
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current security career
- You’ve got a passing familiarity with blockchains and cryptocurrency, or at least a good story about how you thought about investing in Bitcoin in 2014 but decided not to
- You’re comfortable doing some basic scripting and writing alert rules in Python and running queries in SQL/Presto
- You’ve got some experience with OSINT and threat hunting
- You‘ve got some experience doing incident response in the cloud
- You’d prefer if everyone just settled on using the ATT&CK framework already
- You’ve good understanding of Cloud and SaaS technologies
- You are good in analyzing data at scale and perform investigations to identify adversary behavior
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.coinbase.com.