We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development on digital assets, and will play an important role in advancing Coinbase’s policy strategy with prudential regulators in the United States and abroad. You will work closely with government officials and regulators to help bridge the gap between the regulatory frameworks designed for traditional financial systems and those needed for the next generation financial markets centered on blockchain technologies. You will work with internal business leaders, product development teams, and other support functions like Legal, Compliance, and Communications, to ensure global alignment of our messaging across all U.S. policy functions. This position is fully remote, and can be located anywhere within the United States.
This role’s leadership responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop a best-in-class regulatory affairs program within the global policy organization.
- Shaping the policy narrative around digital assets and cryptocurrencies in the banking system
- Becoming a trusted, thoughtful, and transparent resource for prudential policymakers
- Engaging prudential regulators in ways that promote continued digital asset innovations and growth.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and advocate for efficient and effective regulation of the crypto asset ecosystem through interactions with prudential regulators and global standard setting organizations.
- Directly engage with officials at U.K. and European regulators to explain market practices, industry trends, and product developments to ensure that regulatory discussions are well informed and preserve continued and healthy digital asset innovation and growth.
- Work with internal Coinbase experts, outside counsels, and economic consulting firms to develop effective responses to public consultations issued by prudential regulators and standard setting organizations on proposed regulatory actions.
- Collaborate with cross functional Coinbase teams — and through memberships with industry organizations and trade associations — to generate internal analyses that inform policy positions
- Develop white papers, policy analysis, Coinbase positions, and talking points for public presentations and government briefings
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s + law degree, public policy masters, or equivalent professional degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience
- A broad understanding of traditional finance
- Deep subject matter expertise in prudential regulation
- Strong interest in block chain technology and digital asset policy as it relates to bank and broker-dealer treatment of cryptoassets
- High-EQ and a passion for acting like an owner
- The ideal candidate for this role has significant experience with bank regulation and the balance sheet and trading book treatment of financial assets and corresponding economic exposures; activities within broker-dealer subsidiaries; and have strong skills in organizing and presenting succinct analyses of complicated prudential regulatory matters to executive level audiences and senior government officials.
Nice to haves:
- Regulatory engagement on Basel standards issued by the Basel Committee on Bank Supervision.
- Familiarity with bank compliance functions related to balance sheet, trading book, and leverage ratios.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.coinbase.com.