We are looking for a Sr. Director of IT who will be the face of internal technology systems and the main point of contact with various traditional and blockchain engineering business leaders. The Director of IT will integrate closely with business teams, participating in and leading active thoughtful discussions.
As the Director of Information Technology, you will be a force multiplier for company wide productivity, an experienced leader who enjoys working with others to arrive at innovative solutions to complex business challenges. You will proactively work to define and execute upon technology requirements, ensuring that growth, productivity solutions, and infrastructure solutions are implemented on time, within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Develop strong productive relationships built on trust with other business leaders. Remain ahead of the curve by ensuring you are proactively plugged into ongoing discussions which require technology solutions
- Create and actively maintain a forward thinking, highly detailed, measurable IT roadmap and budget
- Present on a regular cadence to business leaders the ever evolving IT roadmap, taking into account their needs, business changes and required pivots
- Establish operational and technical standards for services provided within IT
- Expand and drive an international IT On-Call function to ensure that technical resources are available to the business 24/7
- Drive an organizational focus on long-term goals & encourage, develop and up-level your team
- Recommend and implement appropriate software, tooling, and/or processes to facilitate company security and compliance needs
- Streamline communication and operational efficiency through identification, selection, and implementation of best in class enterprise-wide applications to meet business needs
- A general working knowledge of Blockchain and Web3 technologies. You already know who we are and what we do, and why that is important
- A strong desire to develop or further develop a deep understanding of our business and the blockchain space in general, within a short period of time
- 10 to 15+ years of hands-on, IT operations experience
- 5+ years direct, applicable leadership and management experience in a hyper growth startup environment, managing senior and frontline managers as well as individual contributors
- Deep knowledge of corporate IT and engineering best practices, experience with ITIL concepts, compliance and global regulations in data security, cyber security, and privacy
- Experience working with Engineering, HR and Finance data systems. A variety of common, industry leading SAAS services and vendors, AWS and Azure cloud environments
- Ability to conceptualize and implement either directly or via marshaling of resources; complex bespoke solutions tailored to the challenges of our employees
- Ability to work with high growth, high productivity environments where often complex custom processes or tools must be developed to meet ever-evolving business needs
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Demonstrable experience in – Strategic Leadership partnering with business leaders in all business functions (HR, Legal, Talent, BizOps, Operations, Engineering) | Translating product requirements into actionable and supporting technology roadmaps | Delivering modern, integrated, innovative digital employee experience and cloud-based applications via agile methodologies | Working collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment, slicing through ambiguity and complexity
Nice to have
- Experience working in an all-remote global company
- Experience working with a company whose primary audience is developers
- Working knowledge of ITIL Guiding Principles (Preferably ITIL certification)
- A degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Security Engineering or another related field is desirable
- An exceptional passion for technology, team and professional development
- Cross-functional expertise: Ability to communicate, influence and build relationships across teams and leadership
- Take a « roll-up-your-sleeves » approach. You’ll not only create your team, but you’ll also dig down in the weeds when needed to assure success
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to swiftly learn about a rapidly changing industry
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), and related infrastructure
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.