OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
We’re looking to add a stellar attorney to our growing legal team who can help assist OpenSea on both employment and litigation issues. In this role, you’ll work directly with our People and Recruiting teams to help establish and implement OpenSea’s employment policies and procedures and provide advice and counseling on a broad array of employment law issues, including: recruiting, employee relations, leaves, investigations, compensation and benefits, contingent workers, and immigration. In this role, you’ll also work directly with the Head of Litigation and Employment, and will help assist us with our civil litigation docket, dealing with the many interesting and novel legal issues associated with NFTs and web3.
You will play a key role in helping us continue to grow in a smart sustainable way, and will be called upon to use not just your training and background, but creativity and thoughtfulness in helping us be the best company we can be.]
What you’ll do:
- Work with our People team to help write and implement key policies and procedures for OpenSea employees
- Provide critical advice and counseling to our People and Recruiting teams on a wide variety of employment legal issues to help continue to ensure that OpenSea’s practices comply with all relevant and applicable employment laws
- Investigate and respond to any claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment related inquiries that OpenSea may receive
- Review and audit OpenSea’s existing employment and recruiting policies to ensure OpenSea complies with all relevant and applicable employment laws
- Oversee and manage outside counsel
Who you are:
- Strong civil litigation experience, including extensive experience performing legal research and drafting briefs
- Strong employment background, including providing advice and counseling on a wide variety of employment law issues
- Bias toward action and problem-solving; we’re looking for candidates who have the skill, knowledge, and experience to handle the vast majority of the questions they receive without needing to rely on outside counsel
- Creative problem solvers who have a passion for solving novel legal problems at the forefront of places where law, technology, and regulation meet
- Experience with international law
- Experience with employee benefits
- Experience in litigating issues relating to cryptocurrencies
- Deposition and trial experience
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.