About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Game Designer to specifically work on our Origin game – trying last version here. The possibilities and creativity that can go into this ambitious project is truly infinite.
Being a Senior Game Designer at Sky Mavis, you are expected to:
- Define and drive alignment on the vision and direction for the game design
- Design and development of game narratives, mechanics, progression systems, rewards, monetization models, and any other game design-related components
- Collaborate closely with other departments (art, UX, engineering, product, QA etc.) to ship new game features and ensure they meet a high standard of quality
- Tune and balance the gameplay and economy to maximize sustainable fun and rewards for players
- Introduce best practices around game design to the team and mentor other game designers
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative data from players to inform game designs
- Experience playing, designing, balancing, and managing economies for card games (e.g. Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, Legends of Runeterra, Yugioh, Pokemon TCG) or other relevant game genres
- Excited about building innovative and novel game mechanics that leverage the power of immutable digital assets on the blockchain
- Highly proficient in System Design, Game balance, In-game Economy or Monetization
- 5+ years experience designing, balancing, and tuning complex games with a significant number of daily active users.
- Experience using data to inform decisions, model game systems, and predict outcomes
- A strong sense of what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun, as well as the ability to articulate well why a game design decision is good or bad
- Strong written and oral communication skills to ensure alignment around game designs across cross-functional teams
- Team player and can work closely with the rest of our team to ship and test features
- Experience or interest in tokenomics and blockchain game design
- Good project management and time management skills, with a proven ability to focus on top priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Genuine interest and passion for games
- Capable of working with little to no direct supervision. Self-motivated and actively take initiative
A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species.
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions.
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter skymavis.com.