Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
You will play a key role within the Europe-focused RegOps team. The successful candidate will be involved in a full breadth of processes and will be open, inquisitive and willing to take ownership of delivery of a variety of different initiatives.
Please note that this role is based in Europe.
- Provide compliance advisory support and guidance to the local AMLOs, COs and EU Regional Compliance team on new and existing regulations and rules, best practices and compliance with internal procedures and directives
- Take ownership of VASP compliance and drive forward from day one, including, develop, implement and operationalise policies and procedures required to be compliant with EU regulations
- Act as a trusted partner (in conjunction with the Regional Operations MDs) to Product, Design, Engineering and Markets teams to assist them to structure and launch products and services that advance Kraken’s mission in compliance with regulatory requirements, including ensuring all regulatory reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for the ongoing compliance of EU entities with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist in remediating clients in different jurisdictions to comply with regulatory requirements
- Oversee the implementation of new regulatory requirements as they arise and assisting with horizon scanning (in close cooperation with colleagues from the Strategy and Regulatory teams)
- Assist in writing policies and procedures that comply with the local law in new jurisdictions that Kraken is pursuing
- Monitor outsourced compliance functions
- Assist in the preparation of Management Information (MI) as required
- Develop and deliver compliance training programs specific to existing EU and future regulatory requirements, ensuring employees are knowledgeable and aware of their obligations
- Assist in preparation of licence/ registration applications
Skills you should HODL
- 5+ years of experience in Compliance or Risk-related business functions
- Strong knowledge of regulations, particularly in EU AML, EMI and MiFID requirements in particular in France, Spain or Italy
- Experience implementing finance rules in the EU, particularly in Ireland, France, Spain or Italy
- Significant second-line Compliance experience in a regulated bank, crypto exchange or payments firm
- Significant European regulatory experience including in relation to VASP licensing/registrations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyse risk and apply sound judgement in a timely manner
- Practical knowledge of compliance risk management techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong report writing skills
Nice to have
- Experience and/or passion for crypto
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.