Who we are
Magna’s goal is to be the one-stop solution for all token-based crypto companies who want to track outstanding and promised token allocations, automate the distribution of those tokens, and manage information about their stakeholders. Some liken us to “Carta for Web3”.
Our mission is to make it easier for crypto companies to manage their tokens and tokenholders so that they can focus on their product and not custom internal tools and smart contracts as they scale. We work with projects of all sizes throughout various L1 & L2 ecosystems.
Tokens are amongst the core assets crypto companies use to compensate and incentivize investors, employees, advisors, and even community members. The most common use cases for Magna include:
- Token Vesting to employees and investors – Automated token distribution based on custom unlock schedules.
- Token Streaming – Continuous distribution of tokens to stakeholders.
- Airdrops – Vested airdrops to community members.
- Programmable Unlocks – Distributing tokens using our SDK based on contract interactions or in-app/in-game accomplishments.
- Stakeholder Management – Tracking tax liability and legal filings for tokenholders and more.
Magna’s platform is used by investors, employees, accountants, lawyers, and other key stakeholders throughout the crypto ecosystem.
Why work at Magna?
- We’re a highly technical team
We love the openness and transparency of web3, but we’re working in the space because of the deep technical challenges that reward builders.
The blockchain isn’t just a distributed ledger anymore, it’s a distributed state machine. At Magna, we’re not just building a new paradigm of software — we’re also trying to leverage the best of web2 while we’re at it. It’s amazing fun if you’re a developer who’s new to web3 and able to appreciate a lot of beautiful technical-first design decisions for the first time. (Have you ever tried to match a CUSIP number before?? It’s painful.)
- We’re a well-funded company with runway that can last us through the bear market
- A downtown NYC office with our own rooftop – We have a 3,300 sqft office in Soho, with a private roof. We operate on a hybrid model, where most employees come in a couple of times per week.
- Hardware — Whatever you need to get things done, plus a stipend to set up your home office.
- Learning budget — Buy courses and attend conferences or hackathons.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend — Take care of yourself, whatever that means for you!
- Unlimited Vacation — Take time off when you need it – 2 week minimum.
- Top-notch healthcare plans — We offer the best available platinum PPO and other similar plans that give you the most options with the lowest deductibles.
- Ability to take ownership and build out functions within your department
What you’ll do
- Design investment fund administration product that enables funds to actively manage digital asset portfolios.
- Apply quantitative principles to develop and deploy complex algorithms used in real-time reactive digital asset systems that integrate with various blockchains.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to support the development of unit and performance tests.
- Identify, track, and maintain system metrics to ensure compliance.
- Present technology to internal teams and review peer-developed code.
- Utilize analytical methods and tools for the optimization of application speed and scalability performance.
- Identify and debug complex issues within code and algorithms.
- Note that the position requires 10% of domestic travel. Magna will cover all travel expenses
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Quantitative Economics and Mathematics, Software Engineering, or a closely related field
- 1 year as Software Engineer or Analyst, with work to include at least 1 year of the following:
- Software application development for the Financial Industry
- Blockchain technology and frameworks, including Typescript, React, RxJS, AWS Cloud
- Large financial datasets and data obtained from the blockchain
- Financial infrastructure including trading systems and pricing methodologies
- Leading end-to-end projects across different teams
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.ashbyhq.com.