We are a passionate team on a mission to enable a fairer, more decentralized world. To do so, we are building a crucial piece of cross-chain infrastructure to enable multiple blockchains to co-exist and serve different needs. Apart from the tech, we care a lot about user experience and aim to make complex technologies accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will lead the design, development, and maintenance of our backend systems, ensuring they are robust, scalable, and secure. You’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including frontend developers, product managers, and designers, to deliver high-quality software solutions that drive our success. The position will report to our Backend Lead.
The current tech stack of LI.FI utilizes:
- Node.js running TypeScript code in Docker containers
- MongoDB and Redis for our data
- ethers.js for communication with the blockchains
- Github, Kubernetes, AWS and CloudFlare for our GitOps CD chain
Please note: You must be located in the EMEA timezone and have working experience in the blockchain/crypto industry. Your application will not be considered if you are outside of this timezone.
What you’ll do
- Leading and actively participating in the design, development, and maintenance of backend systems and APIs
- Architecting and implementing scalable and robust backend solutions that can handle growing user loads and evolving business needs
- Maintaining high coding standards, conduct code reviews, and ensuring best practices for code maintainability and readability
- Identifying bottlenecks and optimizing code and algorithms to improve system performance
- Implementing monitoring and debugging tools to proactively identify and resolve issues, ensuring high system availability
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive test suites, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests, to ensure the reliability of backend systems
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior developers, helping them grow their technical skills
- Analyzing complex technical problems and propose effective solutions to address them
- Documenting code, APIs, and technical processes to facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and support onboarding of new developers
What makes a great candidate
- Must be located in the EMEA timezone
- Technical understanding of the EVM ecosystem (or other ecosystems)
- Previous working experience in the blockchain space
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Extensive professional experience in a similar role
- Strong TypeScript and Node.js background
- Understanding of Document Databases and Caching
- Experience in software design and architecture
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and principles
- Strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proactivity, strong ability to work well within a team and to be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to write maintainable, scalable, production-grade code
- Passion for new technologies and ability to autonomously evaluate them and make suggestions for improvement
- Very strong verbal and writing skills in English to allow effective communication with team members and stakeholders in meetings and documents
- Some experience with smart contract development would be a plus
We encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
We take the best person with the right skills, and then inspire them to use them! We trust our team and give them the space and ownership to excel and achieve.
Flexible time management:
We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed meetings every week – you’re free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
It’s our priority to make our whole team feel included, appreciated and respected. Our global, culturally diverse team is our most important asset.
We’re a fully remote, global company. As long as you’re not on Mars (the WiFi is terrible we heard), being part of our team from the comfort of your own home works perfectly well for us.
- Entitlement to work computer (choice of equipment)
- Annual team offsites (Thailand was a blast at the beginning of 2023)
- Unlimited remote days
- Flexible working hours
- An annual 1000€ personal development budget once the probation period ends (pro-rated the first year)
- A one-time 1000€ remote budget to use on coworking, office setup, etc
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.ashbyhq.com.