Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania – all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As our Senior General Accountant, you will lead the day-day AP accounting, reporting and compliance for a fast-growing sports NFT marketplace. You will be a clear communicator who is comfortable interfacing cross-functionally and with external stakeholders including auditors, banking partners and vendors. You have experience with processes and systems implementation.
This role will focus on optimizing our AP accounting operations and will involve working alongside with both France and US Accounting team. You will have strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered.
You will report to the Accounting Director, Global operation.
- Key role in monthly close process by preparing journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and related analysis
- Participation in annual accounting closings, giving rise to audits by the statutory auditors
- Ensure proper accounting by working with the FP&A team by reconciling accruals to expected spend for the month
- Drafting and updating of internal control procedures according to group standards
- Partner with FP&A, and other cross-functional teams to develop, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency
- Assists with the implementation of accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls. Ensures the integrity of the data in the accounting system and ensures that system documentation and backup are in place
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- You have a proven experience in accounting in a company with an international dimension
- Experience in monthly closings with strict deadlines to respect
- You have a good command of Excel and have already worked on an ERP
- You have good oral and written communication skills
- You like teamwork and are collaborative.
- You are proactive, curious, and autonomous
- You want to invest yourself and evolve in a dynamic environment.
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter sorare.com.