Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Manager to join our rapidly growing Revenue team. This role is a commercial position focused on renewing B2B client membership agreements, growing The Block’s existing client revenue footprint, and maintaining healthy client relationships. This person is responsible for managing some of The Block’s largest and most influential relationships, and will be evaluated on her or his ability to grow these accounts. This individual will be responsible for sharing regular feedback on processes and content, as well as being a voice of the client during strategy and planning sessions.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for our largest and most strategic clients, which span across all sectors in the financial services industry
- Take commercial ownership over a targeted pool of accounts and deliver expected renewal and substantial upsell targets in a explosive-growth marketWork closely with the client and The Block’s research team to deliver on bespoke and custom projects
- Entrench themselves in the client environment, understanding their business processes and internal structure, so as to uncover new sales opportunities
- Tightly manage client evaluations and run complex sales cycles
- Manage certain operational aspects of the team that contribute to revenue outcomes and account management team performance
- Foster strong partnerships with our clients through regular executive updates, uncovering organization needs, and delivering on an exceptional service experience
- Work closely with internal department and organizational leadership to develop new products and offerings to our largest clients
- Cultivate positive relationships through a consultative process involving virtual meetings and presentations to decision makers within the financial services industry
- Represent The Block brand on client presentations and at events in a positive, substantive and enthusiastic manner
- 6+ years of account management experience
- Clear track record of meeting and exceeding commercial metrics, including renewal rates and aggressive upsell targets
- Experience managing a strategic sale, including selling unbudgeted solutions to multiple executives and decision-makers and creating value in a competitive environment
- An interest in the evolving crypto and digital assets industry
- Ability to quickly build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Propensity to ask probing questions to match the client’s challenges with The Block’s services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving and time management
- Adaptable to changing startup environment
- Collaborative spirit and results-oriented
- Hit individual goals while staying invested in the team’s larger revenue success
- Experience selling or renewing a SaaS Technology or Consulting services
About The Block:
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.