Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for an experienced security/privacy Researcher to join Brave’s research team to develop new ambitious security and privacy research products and work alongside our engineering teams to implement the results of research into our products. This job involves working side-by-side with researchers, research engineers, engineers, and product managers across multiple departments so Brave’s research findings can benefit millions of daily active users around the world. The Researcher will be responsible for a wide range of privacy and security research areas, including privacy-preserving analytics, trusted computing, and detecting and fighting fraud. They should have a passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security.
An ideal candidate would have many or all of the following skills::
- Experience shipping and maintaining systems in production
- Comfortable with industry-standard software development (RUST, GO, C++, etc).
- Has a broad understanding of the state of the art in applied cryptography, privacy, and/or machine learning
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- Want to be part of a high-growth startup company with global ambitions
Nice to Haves
These specific skills will set you apart:
- Experience developing and deploying applied cryptography software
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- Applied Machine learning
- ZKP, SMPC, and HME techniques
- Ph.D. in computer science, although we will consider someone who has a Master’s degree but has experience working in a research-driven environment.
- Strong publication track record (e.g., S&P, USENIX, CCS, PETS, NDSS, MLSys, NSDI)
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
United States Candidates: The salary range for this role is $150,000 – $200,000 USD, depending on experience. The EU salary may differ.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter brave.com.