Zama’s mission is to safeguard privacy by making the internet encrypted end-to-end.
Zama is building a suite of products for securing AI applications in the cloud and on the blockchain. Developers and data scientists can build FHE-friendly applications using our technology without having to know cryptography.
Zama was founded by Pascal Paillier, a pioneer in FHE, and Rand Hindi, a serial privacy entrepreneur.
If you would like to learn more about Fully Homomorphic Encryption, you can read our 6-min introduction: https://6min.zama.ai/
The Concrete Framework division is writing and maintaining several open-source cryptographic libraries and tools dedicated to Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE). Those libraries and tools are written with different languages (rust for libraries, cpp for the compiler, python for frontend, etc…) and is targeting several environment (linux/macos/…) and/or hardware (cpu/gpu/…). As example one of those libraries, Concrete-core is used as the backbone of the whole framework. It implements various cryptographic primitives. The codebase uses the Rust programming language as its main language, but it is expected to host hardware-specific code written in other languages in the near future.
Our cryptographic libraries are subject to high expectations in terms of safety and performance. We must:
- correctly implement FHE algorithms,
- reduce the attack surface,
- provide user-friendly interfaces,
- offer the best performances possible. The Rust programming language is a perfect fit for our ambitions, and so far it has held its promise of being a fast and safe language.
We are looking for new Rust Engineers to join our team and work on our ambitious project!
You and your team will be in charge of:
- implementing cryptographic algorithms with the help of researchers at Zama,
- making the library fast, reliable, and polished,
- designing efficient and user-friendly APIs,
- improving the performance of the library with hardware or software optimizations,
- benchmarking and testing of the various cryptographic operations,
- ensuring the quality of the library delivery with continuous integration,
- providing support to users by answering github issues and forum topics.
Note that full remote is possible, however we ask for the possibility to visit our Paris office at least on a quarterly basis.
He / She / They should:
- have a serious Rust background,
- have experience with at least one of: Ocaml/Haskell/Scala/C++/C,
- be into open source,
- be interested in cryptography,
- have good communication skills.
Our process is described in detail here: https://www.zama.ai/post/how-we-hire-at-zama
Zama values and promotes diversity. We give everyone a fair chance to be evaluated on their mix of professional, academic, and personal skills. Our aim is to make the hiring process as pleasant, stress-free, and friendly as possible, even if the process is longer and more involved than you might find elsewhere.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.zama.ai.