This position can be remote or based near one of our offices in Berlin, Lisbon, or London. It’s up to you to decide where you work best.
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
We are looking to expand the Parachain Engineering team, which does performance measurements, observability, and integration tooling and crafts the required tooling for this as needed. This involves a deep knowledge and integration in the Polkadot project and codebase in order to change it and interface with it as needed.
As a part of your job, you will conduct performance experiments from single-node to many-node test networks, add observability metrics, craft malicious nodes for integration tests, and also participate in refactoring in a large codebase. You will need to write comprehensive tests, ranging from unit to integration tests. You will need to architect and implement new (cli) tools, communicate requirements and goals clearly, and be ready to ship tools with a great usability experience for developers.
The team is all about engineering challenges.
Much of the team’s work is in the main Polkadot repository.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
- Interest in Performance Engineering.
Nice to have:
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Custom performance optimization and tuning tooling
- Distributed systems caveats
- Experience with observability tools (OpenTracing, Zipkin, Jaeger, ..)
- Experience with fuzzing tools (honggfuzz, libfuzzer, …)
- Interest or experience in blockchain technologies.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We’re happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.