What is The Open Forest Protocol ? 🌳
The Open Forest Protocol is revolutionizing the way nature-based climate solutions are created, monitored, and funded through its blockchain-connected products. Utilizing their diverse backgrounds within climate tech and crypto, the OFP team is building a protocol that is poised to bring unprecedented levels of transparency and accessibility to the rapidly growing nature-based solutions and carbon financing industry. With its fully blockchain-native platform and global community, the Open Forest Protocol can deliver monitoring to not only forest projects around the world, but to all nature-based climate solutions for the next 100 years.
We’re looking for highly motivated, talented and passionate future team members to build cutting edge tools to monitor nature-based solutions, while providing benefits and value to nature and local communities. Our first focus is forest.
Quality, innovation and speed is everything in our current product timeline, and thus being capable of detail-oriented – time-conscious – work is a fundamental prerequisite for working on the OFP Team.
- Your mission will be to research, innovate, design, implement, test and deploy models and tools to :
- Classify forest – non forest areas from remote sensing data and extract statistics to evaluate the evolution over time
- Analyze the surrounding environment of forestation projects (identify buildings, road density, deforestation rates, canopy cover, etc.)
- Model the carbon stocks in forest (with ground truth data to calibrate the models)
- Assess biodiversity and its evolution over time
These are the first responsibilities you will have. Of course, these will evolve over time as we grow OFP and especially our remote sensing / machine learning team.
What we’re looking for
- Autonomous, humble, proactive, efficient problem-solver and result-oriented
- Fast-learner, curious and highly motivated to built innovative solutions
- Strong working knowledge remote sensing, machine learning frameworks, python, geospatial libraries and packages
- Demonstrated experience in building, testing, deploying tools / solutions, machine learning models for earth observation with various data types (vision, Radar, LiDAR data, etc.)
- Ability to actively synthesize existing remote sensing tools to create custom packages and solutions for specific carbon and biodiversity needs.
- Ability to make informed decisions about the choice of tools, models and methodologies and to explain these decisions
- Ability to work in collaboration with other developers to integrate the tools and models developed in OFP’s products
- Focus on quality, results and speed
- Team spirit and able to communicate efficiently and cut through the jargon
- And of course, a strong interest towards building scalable solutions for our planet!
Can you imagine yourself …
- Working in a fast-paced environment with a worldwide team of highly motivated and passionate people. We’re building scalable solutions to mitigate climate change. While we move fast, we’re in it for the very long term.
- Building cutting edge technologies, innovating, taking initiatives
- Learning, growing and if you’re in for it, taking the opportunity to lead and develop the remote sensing / machine learning team
- Joining a startup / company at the intersection of climate and blockchain
- Building scalable solutions to have a positive impact on our world, empower local communities, mitigate climate change and preserve biodiversity
- If this sounds like your dream job, we can’t wait to hear from you!
How to apply
Please fill out the short questionnaire by clicking on the button on the left and attach your CV or any piece of information that conveys who you are, what your background is, and why you would like to work with us.
Optional : take a short video about yourself, explaining your interests, what makes you want to join OFP and what you would like your career life to look like in the next few years.
We really look forward to meeting you! 🌳
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter team.openforestprotocol.org.