We are seeking a consensus protocol engineer to help implement the Subspace Network, a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain written in Rust, using the Substrate framework. Subspace employs a novel proof-of-storage consensus algorithm and a decoupled execution framework, which allows it to scale far beyond existing blockchains, without sacrificing security or decentralization. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a globally distributed team. To learn more visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
- Implement a new Nakamoto style consensus algorithm based on a proof-of-useful-storage of the history of the blockchain itself.
- Decouple consensus and computation between two distinct classes of nodes, storage farmers and staked executors, through a system of fraud proofs.
- Implement a series of novel scalability proposals to increase throughput, decrease latency, and achieve fast finality in a permissionless setting.
- Experience implementing blockchain consensus protocols, especially Nakamoto style protocols based on proofs of work, stake, or space.
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, consensus algorithms, and cryptographic fundamentals with a focus on Nakamoto style consensus.
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++, or Go and willing to learn Rust.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the Rust language and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem
- Familiarity with proofs of space, storage, replication or space-time.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies
- A remote work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer one blockchain
- A competitive salary with generous token and equity grants.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.