Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for « The People ») encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We’re looking for production engineers who will help develop core blockchain node software and the ecosystem infrastructure. This role will be responsible for implementing the blockchain node reference deployment, building automation tools to improve operational complexity, and helping our node operator and developer ecosystem grow. You will be joining a team building a highly scalable and available distributed system. Performance and reliability are critical. You will be expected to do everything from architecture and design, to implementing those designs in code, to testing the implementations for correctness and performance, and finally optimizing the implementations for better performance. Relevant industry experience is important (Site Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about service reliability, enjoys automating human out of manual operation processes, excited by building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing high-quality technical content such as automation tools, and reference architectures to help our partners, and customers build on the work we deliver.
- Writing and reviewing code, developing documentation and disaster recovery plans, and debugging the hardest problems, live, on Aptos blockchain tech stacks.
- Designing, developing, and deploying new systems that enhance throughput, latency, reliability, availability, and security for the blockchain and the blockchain ecosystem services.
- Together with our engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in backend software or infrastructure
- 4+ years experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- 4+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Rust, Python, C++, or Java)
- 4+ years experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Experience in Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud environment
- Experience with blockchain and crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, DeFi etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies.
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills working with Engineers from junior to senior levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking under pressure
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.