OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
In this role as Product Manager, you will be working with users, developers, and other stakeholders at OpenSea to ensure that we are focused on solving the most pressing problems with the product and addressing the most pressing opportunities to unlock product value. A great fit for this role will be someone who evaluates problems from a ‘first-principles’ mindset, is intensely curious, and cares deeply about the craftsmanship of a well-designed user experience. Above all, we want the individual in this role to develop a clear understanding of our user so that the product work we take on can be passed through that lens. We would like to hire someone for this role who can create internal momentum around a product roadmap we reach consensus on, but make data-driven and customer-driven suggestions when we need to alter our course. You will function as somewhat of a polyglot, creating dialogue with stakeholders from various departments about new product initiatives.
- Creating well-scoped, well-documented Product Requirements Documents to serve as clear references for work developers take on
- Working with our Head of Product to plan upcoming sprints that account for necessary progress towards roadmap initiatives, developer bandwidth, and other factors
- Making use of data and analytics to inform product decisions, including tracking success criteria for new features we launch and designing dashboards from which we can extract product insights
- Conducting and summarizing user research in the form of user interviews, surveys, monitoring of customer feedback channels, and session data
- Working closely with Developers and Engineering Managers to ensure new product initiatives have been de-risked from an engineering perspective and scoped down to the highest-impact, lowest-effort solution to the problem
- Iterating over design concepts with our designers based on findings from user interviews
- Ensuring we maintain a high bar for quality in the work that we ship by remaining attentive to high-severity bugs and ensuring our bug triaging system is running smoothly
- Curating our backlog to ensure we are scoring new ideas accurately for effort and impact, in order to shortlist those tasks with the most outsized return on engineering bandwidth
- Caring deeply about building a best-in-class product
- Relevant product management experience with demonstrated success owning key product initiatives
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies, including experience administering sprint planning meetings, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- A technical background or fluency with engineering concepts in order to clearly communicate product needs to engineers
- Experience conducting user interviews and translating insights from those sessions into feature ideation
- The ability to abstract away complexity, both in the context of feature scope and in creating intuitive experiences for our users
- Experience developing a product roadmap at a growth-stage company and tracking progress towards those initiatives
- Comfort collaborating and communicating with Developers at various levels of seniority to ensure product requirements are met
- Experience moving new feature ideas effectively and expediently through an entire product development cycle, ensuring a smooth roll-out of new work that does not introduce regression
- Interest in learning about new markets and business domains; blockchain knowledge is not a pre-requisite for this position, but we expect the individual hired for this role to be interested and capable of ramping up quickly on this domain
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a growth-stage startup
- Coding fluency or ability
- Exposure through a previous role to the blockchain ecosystem
- The ability to create simple, low-fidelity mock-ups in Figma or other design tools
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.