Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania – all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
Sorare is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our team. You should have a strong understanding of front and backend development, with the interest to develop and implement your own features. This role is working on a live, in production game, therefore the work that you do impacts our players directly, so having a strong product sense is critical. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, reporting into the Head of Engineering. All of our team members have a say in the shape of the product, you will attend weekly meetings to help define the roadmap and priorities and then work towards building our unique and category leading game.
You don’t have to like sports, games, or crypto to work here. What we look for is people who like to get things done, work in a growing company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and want to learn and develop.
- Drive complicated projects from inception to completion
- Connect the overall business goals to product and engineering efforts
- Work with product and design to implement features
- Build new platforms, tools, and systems to scale our infrastructure
- Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Typescript
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- You have hands-on knowledge of frontend, backend and infrastructure development
- Independent and highly motivated: You are able to conduct by yourself with an eye towards quality
- Eager to learn: You are not afraid by new technologies or new paradigms
- Attentive to details: You strive for the best quality
- Excited to work on a growing team, solving complex issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter sorare.com.