Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Our global Compliance team is redefining how compliance should be done – we challenge the norms and practices of the incumbent industry participants to identify ways to make Compliance at Kraken a competitive advantage. Our teams navigate the regulatory uncertainty and changing policy positions of global regulators and governments to help chart a path that ensures Kraken is successful in a truly dynamic industry.
In this role, you will be the driving force that spearheads collaboration between the Compliance team and all of Kraken’s product stakeholders around the globe to develop defensible compliance strategies for product expansion globally and deliver world class integration solutions that are highly scalable and highly effective. You will be working with the Product, Corporate Development, Legal, Finance and Regional Compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will be a crypto-native compliance professional with strong product and industry knowledge, and based in Europe.
- Serve as lead compliance advisor to Kraken’s Trading & Markets product vertical, working with cross functional stakeholders to develop defensible product compliance strategies and ensure compliance risks are adequately addressed throughout the product development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal and Product & Engineering teams to ensure that compliance solutions are scalable and thoughtfully consider ambiguous regulatory risks and aggressive growth strategies
- Develop compliance risk management plans and coordinate with various compliance functions to ensure successful implementation of necessary controls or changes to address identified risks
- Work closely with the Compliance – Product Advisory manager to design and implement a robust framework for bringing to market new products and product enhancements
- Stay ahead of changes in the crypto industry including blockchain trends, emerging network protocols, prominent industry participants
- Engage with regional compliance teams to assess the product impacts and opportunities arising from regulatory changes, litigation or guidance and aid international expansion
- Assess new products and technologies in the broader crypto ecosystem to proactively identify associated risks and opportunities
- Develop content, risk narratives, Best Practices and Frequently Asked Questions to raise awareness and equip teams to proactively manage regulatory and AML/CTF risks
- Present research findings and recommendations to varied audiences, including senior leadership
- Educate and inform Compliance teams on current ecosystem trends and risks
- Respond promptly to a wide range of sophisticated questions from the Kraken legal and compliance teams
Skills you should HODL
- 6+ years of experience in a related Compliance, Risk or Legal function ideally in financial services, fintech or an investment firm
- Experience managing cross-functional projects or programs
- Working knowledge of global regulatory environment for crypto and financial services
- Excellent analytical and decision making abilities with the ability to synthesize concise summaries and recommendations from high complex research outputs
- Attention to detail with executive-level presence and content delivery skills
- Demonstrable technical and/or product knowledge native to the crypto ecosystem
- Resourceful and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Comfort with a high level of context switching in fast-paced, high-growth and in complex or ambiguous environments
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.ashbyhq.com.