As a Database Administrator at Deriv, you will be part of the highly talented Storage team. You will use your extensive experience to ensure that our Postgres databases are scalable, secure, resilient, and redundant in case of failure. In close collaboration with the wider team, you will guarantee the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
- The role is technically challenging and fast paced
- The role requires close collaboration with the Team Lead and the Principal Engineer for Storage to align with strategic goals
- You will help to plan and prioritize work to be progressed by the team
- You will help to nurture and grow more junior members of the team
- You will proactively monitor and review the storage landscape, and look for ways to innovate and refine to meet ever increasing volume, performance, security and availability challenges
- The role requires multi-site collaboration over different time zones
The Storage team covers all research & development projects and production support activities relating to in-memory caches, relational databases and long term storage.
As Deriv’s operations and transaction volumes grow in size, developing products and services requires ongoing innovation to provide enhanced scalability, performance, security, and disaster recovery. Join us to realise these ambitions with your knowledge and engineering experience and expertise.
- Excellent software development and code review skills with PostgreSQL (recent experience)
- Excellent system administration skills using Linux on AWS/GCP
- Extensive experience working with large, distributed, high-performance, high availability databases with 24/7 uptime
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Occasional travel between office locations across the Globe
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field
- A desire to continue learning and keeping up to date with the Postgres & Linux communities and best practices
What’s good to have
- Work experience in the fintech and/or trading industries advantageous
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and database as a service advantageous
- Experience with database CI/CD tools and implementation advantageous
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL and Redis advantageous
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical insurance
- Housing and transportation allowance
- Casual dress code
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter deriv.zohorecruit.eu.