Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
As a Motion Designer at Status you enter an industry-wide community of trailblazing designers and developers, building a new era for the web. A web where power is distributed and people own their own data. In this industry Status combines crypto and chat in a ‘Web3 Discord’. You’ll contribute by making Status as delightful to use as it is private, secure, censorship-resistant and community-owned. You’ll work alongside product & design leads to turn static designs into visually appealing, enticing animated interactions. Last but not least, we need someone to bring our world class product illustration system to life.
This role fits you well if you’re a craftsperson looking for an impactful and valued senior individual contributor role and are ready to take the plunge into ‘Web3’. Prior experience working in crypto, blockchain, or Web3 is not required. This role does require a strong understanding of product interaction and user experience, with particular eye for detail.
What we ask from you
- Collaborate closely with product & design leads to prioritize and scope product interactions.
- Deliver world class animation of product interactions.
- Enhance our illustration system with warm and subtle details.
- Work with designers to determine animation patterns and consistency.
- Work directly with UI engineers to handoff detailed specifications and review implementation alongside our QA team
- Have a strong eye for detail and replicate every pixel in animated form.
- Research animation standards and patterns form world class products.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in delivering world class product and/or 2D animation.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent visual animation skills
- A strong UX mindset to fully understand the user and the product
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- A strong interest in Web3 / Blockchain / Decentralised technologies
- Fluent in English
- Adopt a modern design workflow (we primarily use Figma and Principle)
- Living in, or comfortable working in, UTC +3/-4
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation
- Experience and love for illustration
- Experience with design for Web3 products
- Enthusiasm for Open-source and designing in public
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.status.im.