Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We’re a young, world-class team of experts in computer science, type theory, economic game theory, risk management and enterprise development. Our team combines traditional experience in building and scaling teams at technology companies like Apple, Coinbase, IBM and Y-Combinator with crypto native experience from some of DeFi 2.0’s most impactful protocols. We’re all highly passionate about Web3, Toybox and building infrastructure to bring decentralized finance to the masses. Our core engineering team is based in Toronto. Here at Berachain, you’ll be joining a world-class team of experienced founders, engineers and researchers passionate about designing sustainable economic and blockchain systems. We’re well funded by a group of leading digital asset investors, hedge funds, centralized exchange venture arms and strategic angels.
We are looking for self-starters and mission driven individuals to join us as we build the future of decentralized finance. The ideal candidate for this role takes initiative and ownership over their work, thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative in-person environment, and is capable of rapidly adapting to evolving needs as required.
The marketing lead would work closely with Smokey to develop and implement marketing strategies and guide the Berachain brand’s evolution over time. The ideal candidate will work to increase market penetration across traditional finance and web2 ecosystems along with the existing crypto-native ecosystem across both the EVM and Cosmos ecosystems. The ideal candidate will work with the BD, Engineering and Design teams to produce content, own the marketing calendar, and develop go-to-market strategies for major product launches, updates, collaborations and more.
To date, Berachain hasn’t spent any money on marketing. Our community of 30k+ on Twitter, ~45k+ on Discord and thousands of NFTs holders has been entirely organic. While many ecosystems have expended $Ms to build their communities, we’ve bootstrapped our chain and ended up with a negative customer acquisition cost by starting out as a heavily DeFi oriented NFT community. This organic growth is a trend that we’d love to continue for as long as possible, while staying true to the brand and community that we’ve developed and maximizing its accessibility to new users.
We have a STRONG preference for in-person role at our offices in Toronto, with exceptions made in extreme cases. The ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability to generate exposure opportunities for the Berachain ecosystem prior to joining the team, and has likely led growth or marketing initiatives at a major L1 or DeFi protocol in the past.
- Track record of leading and scaling marketing initiatives and teams at leading L1s or blue chip DeFi protocols
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, business development, sales, finance, preferably in the blockchain or financial technology industry, with a particular eye on DeFi and blockchain infrastructure technologies
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and communities, particularly the EVM and Cosmos ecosystems
- Experience managing social accounts and media/advertising initiatives (Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, Google etc)
- Experience running and managing lead generation, nurture campaigns, optimizing campaigns and realizing meaningful conversion metrics and ROI
- Thorough knowledge of the current DeFi, NFT-fi, GameFi, etc landscapes in the on-chain ecosystem
- Robust interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience building and scaling marketing teams to promote crypto-native and traditional brand awareness
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and prioritize product features and requirements based on customer needs, market trends, and business goals.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in both tradfi/web2 and crypto-native marketing initiatives
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and WordPress for the buildout of simple webpages is an asset
- Develop and implement data-driven marketing campaigns and initiatives in accordance with major business development and engineering milestones
- Evangelize and onboard new users through the Berachain ecosystem across a variety of traditional and crypto-native mediums including Twitter Spaces, Discord, and more.
- Organize in-person and virtual events around the Berachain community and ecosystem
- Direct logistics around content creation for advertising campaigns and associated events
- Drive and quantify user acquisition, retention and growth across multiple userbases and archetypes
- Determine ROI and expected value of marketing initiatives and campaigns, and collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify highest value opportunities
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the blockchain market and competition, and use this knowledge to inform marketing decision
- Work cross-functionally with design, engineering, BD, and other teams to ensure successful product launches and ongoing product improvement.
- Act as a user & protocol advocate, regularly engaging with users, protocols and other stakeholders to gain insights and feedback on the product.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.berachain.com.