Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We use a variant of delegated Proof of Stake called Proof of Liquidity consensus to rehypothecate liquidity as security at the protocol level, aligning incentives between liquidity and security across the ecosystem.
We’re a young, world-class team of builders, engineers and executives with extensive experience across Web2 and crypto environments. We’ve raised and deployed $Bs as fund managers, won the knife fight in the orderbooks on Wall Street and contributed to category-defining DApps and protocols. Now we’re building Berachain.
Our team combines traditional experience in building and scaling teams at technology companies like Apple, Coinbase, Microsoft and Y-Combinator with crypto native experience from some of DeFi’s most impactful protocols. We’re all highly passionate about building useful infrastructure to bring decentralized finance to the masses. Our core engineering and founding team is based in Toronto. We’re well funded by a group of leading digital asset investors, hedge funds, centralized exchange venture arms and strategic angels.
We are looking for self-starters and mission driven individuals to join us as we build the future of decentralized finance. The ideal candidate for this role takes initiative and ownership over their work, thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative in-person environment, and is capable of rapidly adapting to evolving needs as required.
The liquidity lead’s role is quite self explanatory. Your role is to drive liquidity and TVL to Berachain, deploying across core chain DeFi primitives (dex/perps/stablecoin lend) and DApps built on Bera. The ideal candidate likely has a deep network across venture capital funds, liquid funds, prop shops, family offices, hedge funds, pension funds, conglomerates, corporate strategics and HNWIs interested in exploring asymmetric opportunities within a new on-chain ecosystem.
A second order responsibility is driving DApps with the potential to generate large amounts of TVL, DAOs and DAO treasuries into the Berachain ecosystem, with the purpose of increasing functional TVL and depth of liquidity on chain to feed into Proof of Liquidity.
The ideal candidate is a strong salesperson and has demonstrated a track record of overcoming the “activation energy” required to bootstrap liquidity to the tune of at least 8-9 figures for a new application, protocol, fund, or ecosystem. Given current capital flows, they are likely situated or close to capital networks in HK, Singapore, Korea, and Dubai/Abu Dhabi.
- 3+ years of experience in business development, sales, finance, or venture capital, preferably in the blockchain or financial technology industry, with a particular eye on DeFi
- Experience in fundraising and managing LPAs across crypto verticals
- Deep network of venture capital funds, liquid funds, prop shops, family offices, hedge funds, pension funds, conglomerates, corporate strategics and HNWIs
- Robust interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience structuring complex partnerships involving multiple stakeholders in an authentic and responsible manner
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and prioritize product features and requirements based on customer needs, market trends, and business goals.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in both tradfi/web2 and crypto-native business development initiatives
- Engage, educate, and pitch venture capital funds, liquid funds, prop shops, family offices, hedge funds, pension funds, conglomerates, corporate strategics and HNWIs on opportunities to LP on Berachain
- Increase on-chain liquidity by identifying and pitching LPs for core primitives on Berachain (dex/perps/stable lend)
- Increase on-chain liquidity by identifying and pitching LPs for leading DApps on Berachain
- Increase on-chain liquidity by driving high-TVL potential DApps to deploy and build on Berachain
- Increase on-chain liquidity by driving DAOs and DAO treasuries into the Berachain ecosystem
- Work closely with native DApps and builders to develop partnerships and composable feature sets to incentivize liquidity providers to engage
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define and prioritize product features and requirements in accordance to LP needs, ensuring they align with the overall product vision and strategy.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the blockchain market and competition, and use this knowledge to inform product decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing, and other teams to ensure successful product launches and ongoing product improvement.
- Act as a user & protocol advocate, regularly engaging with users, funds, protocols and other stakeholders to gain insights and feedback on the product.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.berachain.com.