*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!*
We are hiring a Legal Counsel with commercial and regulatory experience to join our Legal & Compliance team. You will get involved in a broad range of matters and play an important role in guiding the development of one of the most exciting and relevant blockchain technology projects globally.
Your day-to-day work will involve providing hands-on legal and compliance advice on blockchain technology, business development, compliance, operations and HR matters, as well as reviewing contracts and legal terms relating to Scroll’s services. The role is ideal for an individual who thrives in a start-up environment, a self-starter that is dynamic and comfortable to take on responsibilities. This individual will support the General Counsel based in Asia and work in a cross-functional team of globally distributed colleagues.
Scroll is building an open source, bytecode level compatible zkEVM layer 2 solution for Ethereum. Our mission is to scale Ethereum while maintaining our values of credible neutrality, open-ness, and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide relevant and timely advice to all teams across Scroll including Engineering, Partnerships, Operations and People teams on a range of legal and compliance issues.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements and arrangements with business partners, service providers, investors.
- Prepare, review and keep up-to-date the terms of services, legal and compliance policies.
- Conduct research on evolving legal and compliance issues relevant to blockchain technology and decentralized projects.
- Be a subject matter expert by keeping up to date with new laws and regulations.
- Proactively identify and analyze potential legal and regulatory compliance risks, support the General Counsel to formulate plans and implement solutions to manage these risks.
- Manage and work with external counsels and other compliance service providers.
Required Skills and Experience
- LLB, JD or equivalent Degree in Law with 1 – 4 years of post-qualified experience in commercial or regulatory practice at a reputable law firm or in-house legal department
- Interest in blockchain/crypto/web3 industry is a must, prior experience in the industry is a distinct advantage
- Ability to handle a broad portfolio of tasks and projects while delivering high-quality output
- Strong execution and communication, ability to learn fast, with an open-mind and flexibility to work on changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Balanced focus on details, timeliness, accuracy and completeness on deliverables
- Chinese language skills is an advantage
- You are a self-starter and ability to take ownership, well organised, self-disciplined and effective when working autonomously on tasks and projects.
- You are responsive, collaborative and committed person with a high work ethic.
- You are a high class communicator who can articulate their views succinctly on calls or asynchronously in globally distributed, remote teams.
- You relish working in an agile start-up environment.
- You are a great listener who understands when to listen first and engages well with colleagues
- You are a resilient, driven individual who is willing and able to continually develop and iterate to succeed
What We Offer
- A mission-led, collaborative culture
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people who are contributing to the progression of Ethereum
- Competitive salary package / generous paid time off / annual growth budget
- Remote from any location with flexible hours
- Home office set up / co-working membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.