The Aave Companies are a group of software development companies that build open-source, blockchain-based software for the Web3 world. With a mission to reinvent our modern paradigms in the realm of finance, social media and beyond, we are focused on building revolutionary products and protocols that will reinvent the ways we communicate, our financial systems, and our cultural norms. United with one clear goal, the Aave Companies are determined to build a future for users that provide them with better control over their finances, data and social experiences.
Having cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture, our team is kind, welcoming and passionate about what we are building. We celebrate differences and seek to develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool from all over the world. No matter where you are based, no ghost will be left behind and we appreciate every moment we get to work and have fun together.
About the role:
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our growing team and support the global business. This role will play a critical role in helping us navigate the legal landscape of Web3, ensuring that we are compliant with relevant requirements and providing strategic guidance on various legal matters including those impacting commercial, privacy, intellectual property, and governance work streams. This position offers global responsibilities, allowing you to work with diverse teams and navigate complex international legal landscapes.
How you can make an impact:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, partnership, vendor, and service agreements.
- Provide legal advice on contract interpretation, rights, and obligations to ensure compliance and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including growth, product, and finance teams, to drive successful commercial transactions.
- Privacy and Data Protection:
- Develop and implement privacy policies, procedures, and compliance frameworks to ensure adherence to global data protection regulations, including the UK and EU GDPRs, and other relevant laws.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and provide legal guidance on data privacy matters.
- Advise on data sharing, cross-border data transfers, data breach incidents, and related compliance issues.
- Intellectual Property:
- Assist in obtaining and protecting our intellectual property assets.
- Conduct IP due diligence exercises and review third-party intellectual property rights.
Let’s connect if:
- 5+ years of experience as a practising lawyer, preferably within the technology industry.
- Strong understanding of commercial contract law, privacy, data protection, and intellectual property.
- Experience working in a global environment with diverse legal and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to provide practical, business-oriented legal advice and solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Web3 and crypto experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Haven’t quite met all the criteria? Let’s not miss out on the chance to speak. Whilst you might not meet every single requirement, you might bring other, more exciting skills to the companies!
What we stand for:
Craft — Seek excellence.
Accountability — One for all. All for one.
Integrity — Be true.
Sisu — Dig deep.
Community — We’re in it together.
Equal opportunities statement:
The Aave Companies celebrates diversity and views each and every team member as a separate individual with their own unique identity. No matter your race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or even the wallet you use, we welcome you at the Aave Companies. As an equal opportunities employer, we take accountability and believe in everyone’s potential to build, create and inspire changes. With a mission to build a diverse workforce, we are proud to foster a working environment in which everyone can feel safe and valued for who they are.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.eu.lever.co.