CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• L4 salary: RM18,277 / SGD 12,614
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko’s Career Progression
- Solve unique and large scale technical problems.
- Build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest cryptocurrency and finance projects in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you’ll be doing:
- Web design & development: Define software architecture and technical specifications for software applications including designing, building, scaling and maintaining production services. Own and run entire subsystems of work. Lead execution of full software development lifecycles based on the department’s strategy.
- Code writing: Write clean, reusable and maintainable code and libraries. Develop and push code into the production environment effectively.
- Code reviews: Conduct code reviews and ensure that the team is following coding standards and best practices.
- Web maintenance: Ensure consistent maintenance of software and server-side applications, databases, and APIs. Identify and resolve technical issues that arise during the development process. Have sufficient server and infrastructure knowledge to improve stability and be able to propose/execute improvement plans.
- Documentation: Create technical documentation from scratch and participate in knowledge-sharing activities. Implement software development best practices and processes to set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
- Testing: Perform testing and debugging procedures to ensure that software applications meet quality, performance, and security standards.
- Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and contribute to continuous improvement of the team’s technical skills.
- Team player: Work with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, growth, business development and operations to drive product impact. Able to craft a project proposal, socialize it, get buy-in cross-functionally, and manage project milestones, timelines, and resources effectively.
- Coaching: Capable of leading a small team of developers to design, develop, and maintain high-quality software applications for substantial projects and to execute projects across multiple domains. Mentor and coach direct reports towards bringing out the best in their performance. Provide holistic technical leadership and guidance to junior software engineers in the team as well as product managers for tasks being worked on and on-behalf of other engineers.
- Team Growth & Engagement: Involved in the hiring process of your department and contributing to hiring best practices. Can interview new candidates and discern their technical/soft skills on whether they are a good fit.
- Strategy & Outcomes: Participate in crafting software development strategy and articulating a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems. Support department growth and achievement by participating in the OKR setting and review process. Strategies should tie in business goals along with delivering value to the users.
What we look for in you:
- Proven track record: You have 8-10 years web software development experience. Proven track record over multiple years as an individual contributor responsible for value and viability of solutions and have taken ownership of a full domain.
- Education: You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrated the ability to pick up customer knowledge, blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and domain knowledge, as well as overall business and department operations quickly.
- Web Development Knowledge: Solid understanding of software development life cycle and agile methodologies. Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments.
- People Skills: Excellent communicator who is able to build working relationships within the team and externally with customers. Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship. You love talking to users and stakeholders in order to understand their needs and gather requirements.
- Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Has a strong sense of self-leadership, curious & creative on finding ways to improve existing projects & workflows.
- Scope of Work: Work on well-defined, ambiguous, and non-defined areas of a software development, where you will play a key role in defining your own key results, and work with your supervisor to create a roadmap for the area you oversee.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative. You have a passion to solve a problem faced by stakeholders together with strong user empathy.
- Breadth: Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Nice to haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size)
- You have experience with Blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
- You’ve built financial, high reliability, and large dataset systems.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Equity: You’ll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Allowance: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organised and we subsidize a portion of the cost.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.