Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, « The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye. » Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring a Lead QA Engineer to join the Engineering team at Yuga Labs. We have tons to do, building the future of web3, and we need help making sure that the software we ship is functional and secure. We’re looking for a leader with experience working closely with a group of stakeholders and engineers, defining test strategies and executing test plans, and ensuring the overall quality of the products we have at Yuga.
- Identify project needs and establish QA best practices and processes that take into account the team’s resources, roadmap, and quality standards
- Report on metrics using data to guide action for your team
- Create extensive test strategies and test plans which are owned internally and leveraged across external vendors to test and execute at scale
- Define and drive a sustainable cross-discipline test plan while closely communicating with core project team members
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as a factor in decisions
- Plan and execute a preventative-care strategy with cross-discipline leadership
- Develops sustainable test methodologies and drive accountability and ownership across relevant teams to maintain these practices
- Preemptively assess and mitigate long-term risks in a games as a live service environment
- Build and delegate test maintenance strategies for owned content once it has shipped
- Assess and escalate project-level risks and implement improvements and solutions across cross-functional teams
- Utilize project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on both short and long term sustainability and scalability
- 8+ years of Quality Assurance Experience, with 3+ years leading QA teams
- Robust leadership experience in a lead QA role within the games industryAbility to lead a test project on a large multi-discipline team in a games as a live service environment
- Ability to translate large-scale and complex cross-discipline goals into cohesive test plans
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and to relay complex concepts in a digestible manner
- Ability to set strategic goals, but also hold team members to effective tactical execution
- Experience working with distributed/remote testing teams (spanning multiple timezones)
- Experience working with test automation and tooling solutions
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
- Experience with test automation tools (Unreal Engine Gauntlet, Selenium)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of web3, blockchain, and crypto
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to work on a computer screen and communicate virtually
The annual salary for this position ranges from $150,000-$200,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- 100% remote
- Localized comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly stipends for wellness, co-working, and mobile/internet service
- Flexible Time Off, localized paid holidays, & Winter Recess (December 24-January 1)
- A vibrant community of Employee Resource Groups (Women at Yuga, Blackchain3, Queer3)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Localized retirement plans
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.