Figment is the world’s leading provider of blockchain infrastructure. We provide the most comprehensive staking solution for our over 200+ institutional clients including exchanges, wallets, foundations, custodians, and large token holders to earn rewards on their crypto assets. These clients rely on Figment’s institutional staking service including rewards optimization, rapid API development, rewards reporting, partner integrations, governance, and slashing protection. Figment is backed by industry experts, financial institutions and our global team across twenty three countries. This all leads to our mission to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web3 ecosystem.
We are a growth stage technology company – looking for people who are builders and doers. People who are comfortable plotting their course through ambiguity and uncertainty to drive impact and who are excited to work in new ways and empower a generative company culture.
Ethereum is the largest staking network, but only < 15% of tokens are staked. The ability to unstake is now available, ushering a new phase of Ethereum staking, we believe this will triple or quadruple the amount of staking on the network.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer who can come and help us continue to build a world class Ethereum staking platform. One of Figment’s core principles is “Safety over liveness”, in practical terms, we engineer with safety as the single most important factor, we also achieve excellent performance, but that performance is our secondary goal.
Come join us on our journey to making the second generation of our platform even better!
- Lead the planning, testing, implementation, and management of projects to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and stable deployments across a number of different use cases.
- Identify common areas where automation can significantly increase our ability to manage our infrastructure.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in multiple domains and act as a mentor to others on the team.
- Deep understanding of Ethereum technologies including familiarity with multiple Consensus and Execution clients.
- In-depth knowledge of the following programming languages and technologies: Python, Golang, Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of AWS technologies including EKS, KMS, Cloudwatch, S3, Firewalls
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and related technologies and concepts including Helm, RBAC, basic objects and how to secure kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of networking and security best practices
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secure storage tools.
- Experience working in environments with high security requirements.
- Experience working with Teleport.
Nice to have, but not required
- Ansible role testing with Molecule (or similar tools) and Ansible module development experience
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake decentralized consensus mechanisms used in blockchains
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch to automate infrastructure provisioning and deploy applications (GitHub Actions or similar)
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” – ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: The US base salary range for this position is USD $150,000 – $200,000. The Canadian base salary range for this position is CAD $150,000 – $200,000. This range reflects base salary only, and does not include additional compensation or benefits. For candidates in other countries, the pay range will be disclosed upon your first interview with Figment (being a globally remote company, the list of salary ranges would simply be too long to note here!). The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum range for a new hire across all of the US. A candidate’s specific pay within the range will be determined by various factors including job-related skills, relevant education, and training.
Benefits: All employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits. For candidates beyond Canada and the US, benefits will be outlined during your first interview with Figment.
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed quarterly – we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees often
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.