We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
For developers of decentralized apps and decentralized finance protocols, MetaMask is the first choice when it comes to handling account management and connecting the end-user to the blockchain. MetaMask enables developers to create secure and usable web3 sites and build the decentralized web. MetaMask Snaps is a new system that allows anyone to safely expand the capabilities of MetaMask beyond what can be accomplished in a decentralized app. A « snap » is a program that runs in an isolated environment inside of MetaMask that can customize the wallet experience. For more details on Snaps, see the documentation and a short introductory presentation.
About the Role
As the Lead Developer Advocate for MetaMask Snaps, you will define the DevRel strategy that will grow the fledgling Snaps developer community into a vibrant, world-class application ecosystem. We believe that Snaps are the key to building the wallet of the future, and we are looking for someone whose experience and ideas will help make this vision a reality. This is an opportunity to be part of a new burgeoning team at MetaMask and lead developer relations initiatives for Snaps, helping to make key decisions for future growth and scale our partner ecosystem.
What we’re looking for
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Lead and work autonomously guiding projects and managing DevRel efforts
- Mentor junior team members and communicate outside the department
- Motivate developers to build wallet applications using MetaMask Snaps
- Spread awareness of Snaps by building community and driving discussions
- Build awareness of new MetaMask Snaps features, APIs and SDKs
- Know and teach best practices that make a developer’s life easier
- Work closely with engineering and product managers to identify campaigns and opportunities
- Establish relationships with key Projects/Dapps to build MetaMask Snaps
- Highlight gaps in developer experience for our product teams
- Identify developer communities with high potential
- Refine messaging to promote Snaps development
- Build a deep knowledge of the product so as to articulate how they enable developers
- Collaborate closely with the ConsenSys DevRel team as a coordinator
- Be hands-on. Create and maintain multimedia content and resources for developers such as videos, presentations for conferences, code demos, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for conferences and external events
- Participate in the blockchain ecosystem and community, building strong relationships with engineers, architects, product managers, and founders
- Stand up programs with ecosystem partners and scale awareness initiatives
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach efforts
- Synthesize and share feedback from the community to improve MetaMask
- Lead in-person and virtual workshops and hackathons for developers
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in developer relations, developer education, and technical writing
- Proficiency in any JSON RPC/Open RPC. Node/NPM, TypeScript
- Have a working knowledge of developer tools like SDKs and APIs
- Proficiency with git, GitHub and Markdown
- Solidity and Professional Blockchain Expertise
- Experience “cold-starting” developer ecosystems
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams (devrel, product, and marketing)
- High engagement with developers via social media, video and streaming (like YouTube Live) and audio (like Twitter Spaces and podcasts)
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter consensys.net.