Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
We have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework at Parity Technologies. We want to bring to these networks first-class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next-generation blockchains.
As the company rapidly grows we are seeking a dedicated and well-organized, energetic, and enthusiastic professional who is happy helping their colleagues, at the Lisbon office and remote, in a wide range of Information Technology-related tasks as part of our IT team.
About the position
As an End User Technical Support (EUTS) position where the successful individual will be required to provide support to all levels of employee technical support issues. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote locations around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour
This position requires hands-on experience across a wide IT scope. From hardware, IT infrastructure (hardware and software), software application and development and O/S support experience (including installation configuration and troubleshooting). In short, have hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure whether on macOS, Linux/Unix platforms and including wired and wireless networking.
The role includes purchasing, asset management, budgeting, managing shipments and returns of equipment and devices, addition you will help with IT Support requests across the company.
You will be part of critical back office processes like onboarding, offboarding, asset purchase and return that keep our company running smoothly.
You will contribute to building the documentation for the area, and you will help to create, design and implement the flows of information and actions of the team in a fast-scaling company.
The position will be based in Lisbon, Portugal. This position is strongly tied to the physical location of the Lisbon office, although remote work is possible depending on the day-to-day situation as you might need to go to the office. This is not a fully remote position.
You will need to:
- Excellent employee/end user-facing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgement, and tact have been demonstrated.
- Manage purchases, returns and maintenance of the hardware and other equipment needed in a fast-escalating remote-first company.
- Have your assets inventory and storage room tidy and up to date.
- Hand over assets to new joiners and manage the return of the leavers in sync with People Ops.
- Improve and propose improvements to our existing back office processes.
- Deliver IT services including SaaS to the different teams.
- Manage endpoint protection with a risk-based approach depending on context and use cases.
- Keep the IT back office documentation clear and up to date.
- Serve as the first point of contact helping your colleagues to resolve IT related issues – software and hardware – in person or remote.
- Have enough knowledge of Linux and Mac operating systems to be comfortable and sure when helping your colleagues.
- Manage the command line interface with ease – both in Linux and MAC environments
- Passion and good knowledge of common Open Source Software products
- Have great knowledge and interest in the fast-changing consumer and professional IT device market.
- Have exposure to user access management in a moving environment using multiple SaaS.
- Have the negotiation skills to convince your colleagues that the best option is what they need and not what they want.
- Collaborate with our Operations department to ship equipment all over the world.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make things happen.
- Have a structured and organised mindset. Generate documentation accordingly.
- Know where it goes every euro you spend
- Fluency in English
And ideally also:
- You like working with people, and people like to work with you.
- You are a curious individual with an eagerness to learn new things.
- You like to ask questions.
- You are experienced with consumer-grade Audio/Video equipment or you are not afraid to play with it until you master it.
- You are experienced with networking including Wifi and VPN management.
- You feel comfortable working autonomously, with accountability
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.