OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
This position reports to the VP of Accounting and will drive the implementation and development of strategies to lead and scale our global payroll and equity administrative function, while maintaining compliance, quality, and accuracy. The ideal candidate is experienced in leading a global payroll & equity admin operation, and is a hands-on manager, who has a strong working knowledge of U.S. payroll laws and fundamental understanding of international payroll laws and taxes. This person will foster relationships with various internal stakeholders–working collaboratively with organizational teams (i.e. HR, Tax, and Legal). This person will manage the worldwide day to day payroll & equity operations, including vendors and third party relationships, and drive process automation, standardization, and improvement to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and drive the vision for the global payroll & equity function, including scale and optimization of administration, processes, and systems to support high growth
- Audit and approve bi-monthly payrolls and support necessary off-cycle payroll runs for equity-related activity throughout the year
- Responsible for payroll related month and quarter-end close activities; including, but not limited to, understanding payroll GL reporting, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Own equity administration, including new rollouts, grant approvals, vesting schedules, settlements, expirations, cancellations, terminations, tax withholdings, and other plan-related actions
- Improve payroll & equity policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance, efficiency, and standardization
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings and reports are completed on time and accurately in compliance with local, state, country specific laws and regulations
- Research and understand the applicability of new rules, tax code, or relevant legislation pertaining to payroll or equity programs.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators, and SLA metrics for the org
- Develop and/or maintain training materials and resources to support employee understanding of all equity awards available for employees under the equity plans
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of payroll/equity administration experience at a high-growth tech company with multi-state and international operations
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or CEP (Certified Equity Professional) preferred
- Strong know-how of accounting, legal, and tax implications or equity transactions is required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Expert knowledge of multi-state payroll, payroll tax rules and regulations in the US
- Experience implementing payroll in new countries and new jurisdictions
- Independent thinker with high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.