The Head of AML at Backed Assets (Jersey) will oversee the company’s Anti Money Laundering affairs, as well as Data Privacy and Automatic Exchange of Information. Additionally, the position will require management of a growing team as well as development and implementation of processes; making risk assessments, and ensuring that the company is compliant with applicable regulation at all times.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive operational compliance program for the organization in liaison with the MLCO and the Board. Main focus is AML compliance and other relevant regulatory topics (e.g. Automatic Exchange of Information, FATCA/CRS, Data Privacy, Sanctions.)
- Oversee and manage the operation of onboarding and KYC of new clients, and monitoring of transactions.
- Manage the AML department, including personnel, budget and service providers.
- Support AML/KYC processes of the company vis-a-vis financial service providers.
- Lead risk assessments, audits, and investigations pertaining to operational compliance matters
- Coordinate with product, business development, legal and other departments to ensure company-wide compliance
- Conduct training and education of staff on AML matters, ensuring their understanding of their regulatory responsibilities
- Monitor and report on operational compliance metrics to the MLCO. Create and continuously improve related processes.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes, including in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space, advising senior management on necessary actions. Provide advice on regulatory and operational compliance risks for business inquiries including analysis of new products and processes.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in regulatory and AML compliance. Tangible experience in the blockchain and/or cryptocurrency sector is a must.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Jersey AML laws and regulations, as well as EU standards
- Proven experience in leading and building AML teams and compliance programs
- University degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Understanding of, and experience with, digital assets, blockchain technology and wallets, as well as an extensive knowledge of the regulatory landscape in digital assets
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to navigate complex regulatory environments and adapt to rapid changes
- Hands on approach
We offer a competitive salary package (base + bonus), equity, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic and talented team at the forefront of the crypto and blockchain revolution.