Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania – all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
The Sorare legal team is looking for a dynamic Government Relations Lead who is ready to develop Sorare’s regulatory strategy and serve as a thought leader in the web3 entertainment and sports space in France and potentially in other European markets. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player, ready to implement a nuanced French strategy that is aligned with Sorare’s global public policy vision for new technology.
- Develop Sorare’s French government affairs strategy by engaging with French government officials and regulatory agencies, building key partnerships with external stakeholders (including France Digitale, Mission French Tech, and French and European thought leaders), managing and contracting lobbyists and public affairs firms
- Lead and continue to build a French Web3 coalition, by bringing together industry stakeholders and developing advocacy projects, as well as assisting with the implementation of innovative regulatory frameworks.
- Monitor developments in the web3, blockchain, sports and video game industries in Europe and provide relevant and timely insight
- Serve as a respected representative in the external community for Sorare at conferences and forums, promoting innovation, strategic vision, and public policy points-of-view in France and other major European markets
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, to ensure that Sorare’s external affairs work is cohesive, holistic, and aligned with the strategic and operational needs of the business
- 8-10 years of experience with effective governmental affairs and political advocacy programs in France; demonstrated experience in managing associated campaigns
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with a focus on analyzing and anticipating developments as well as emerging trends, threats and opportunities
- Experience in highly regulated or disruptive industries
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through on various projects concurrently
- Focus on generating results, and have the confidence to make quick decisions
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Fluency in another European language (Spanish, German, Italian) also a plus
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter sorare.com.