We are excited to announce an amazing opportunity for an attorney to join our rapidly growing team as General Counsel.
In this role, you will have the important responsibility of overseeing all legal matters related to our business. This includes providing valuable legal support in areas such as institutional client support, distribution, service provider relationships, and more.
If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and are eager to further develop your skills, then this role is perfect for you!
Make sure to keep Douro Labs in the loop about how things are going within your work scope Keep a reasonable record of the work you do and be ready to hand it over when needed. Acting as Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for:
- Review and negotiate various types of contracts, including technology contracts and vendor agreements.
- Assist in talent acquisition, recruitment, and HR efforts for Douro Labs employees and consultants.
- Provide advice on contract strategy and terms, including potential risks and obligations.
- Manage contract records, including renewals, renegotiations, and terminations, and improve the contract review processes for consistency, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Provide guidance on Douro Lab’s governance, regulatory compliance, and matters related to the business and operations.
- Maintain regular communication with Douro Labs personnel to offer legal guidance as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside counsel, such as Fenwick & West (U.S.), and manage legal billing.
- Stay updated on legal and regulatory developments in the crypto industry that may affect Douro Labs.
- Assist with internal legal initiatives as needed.
- JD/law degree and bar admission.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with cross-border transactions.
- Demonstrated track record of successful legal work in private practice or an in-house environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure with careful attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to provide practical and client-focused advice.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills, which allow you to swiftly resolve issues while considering factors beyond just the legal aspects, such as brand risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance, and other business units.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Anticipatory mindset, enabling you to identify legal issues or risks and establish proactive processes and systems to address them.
- Solution-oriented approach.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with business and corporate functional leaders.
- High level of professional ethics and integrity.
- Enthusiasm for crypto is evident and appreciated.
It will be awesome if you have…
- A combination of experience in financial services or tech, both in-house and at a law firm.
- Experience in both regulated and non-regulated industries.
- Experience in emerging markets.
- You have a wide range of finance experience (generalist), which includes trade finance, receivables finance, restructuring, derivatives, securitization, and/or debt capital markets.
- You also have experience in drafting and negotiating general corporate and commercial documents, like joint venture agreements, NDAs, and service agreements.
Compensation & Perks
- We offer a competitive full-time salary based on your experience, along with significant ownership.
- You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role and advance your career in our rapidly expanding global technology company operating in an emerging field.
- We provide excellent health insurance with great coverage to take care of your well-being.
- You’ll be equipped with the tech devices you need to perform at your best capacities.
- We believe in your growth, so we’ll conduct performance reviews and regular 1:1 sessions to support your professional development.
- Enjoy a flexible work culture that promotes work-life balance.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.