About The Position
The Sandbox is a decentralized community-driven gaming, digital art and game development ecosystem where creators and designers can create and monetise their art NFTs, art experience and gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Game Maker Fund is an initiative that supports game designers in The Sandbox.
The main purpose is to reward and incentivise those who have proven skills in game design or digital world design to help them produce and publish excellent games and other experiences (such as galleries, educational dioramas, and so on) for players of The Sandbox to visit, play and enjoy. The designers will also be able to monetise this experience when it is launched.
We are looking for someone with a fun, helpful and positive attitude to join The Sandbox’s Game Maker Fund as a part-time Marketing Assistant.
The Marketing Assistant in the Game Maker Fund will support the fund’s Marketing Manager in all aspects relating to marketing the user-generated content that is being developed and published through the fund. You will be involved in managing, reviewing and, if necessary, producing marketing materials for the many projects that are a member of the Game Maker Fund, in order to ensure that the projects have a high level of exposure to our community audience and beyond. You will also be facilitating communication and development efforts amongst the projects in the fund.
This is a remote position, so you will be working from your own location. However, use of communication platforms, such as Slack and Google Meet, will be necessary to keep in touch with the fund’s global team.
The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Manager of the fund (Scott), as well as the fund’s Lead Manager (Katleen).
- Onboarding new projects on the marketing aspects of the Game Maker Fund.
- Following-up with projects in the fund in regard to their marketing materials.
- Assist in reviewing marketing materials and media that has been provided by projects in the Game Maker Fund. These could be images, questionnaires, newsletters, AMAs, renders, images, videos, websites and so on.
- Provide case-by-case and one-on-one marketing advice to Game Maker Fund projects to help them create great marketing materials, and to self-promote themselves on social media and elsewhere.
- Assist in maintaining marketing tracking spreadsheets to track the progress of projects in their marketing flows.
- Assist in producing, maintaining and updating documents, publications, press-releases, showcases, and so on.
- Assist with the management of the Game Maker Fund’s official Twitter account to boost engagement and promote Game Maker Fund projects, as well as promote the fund itself.
- Assist The Sandbox community on Discord with live support matters concerning the Game Maker software, the Game Maker Fund, marketing and other support queries. As well as promoting Game Maker Fund projects to the Discord community.
- Spot areas within the Game Maker Fund where we could make improvements to our flows, processes, and so on to help the fund to run smoother and more effectively.
- Other general tasks as requested by the Marketing Manager (Scott) or the Fund’s Lead Manager (Katleen).
- Able to work both as a team and independently.
- Experience (not necessarily work-related) with visual media design. For example, graphic design, logo design, and video production.
- A good eye for detail and to be confident in telling people/studios when something needs improvement.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent creative writing skills.
- Experience in using the Gitbook platform is ideal, but not required, as support will be given.
- Experience with using social media, such as Twitter and Discord, to produce engaging content, reach out to the community, and provide support.
- Experience in customer service is a plus, but not required, as support will be given along the way.
- Ability to manage a variety of jobs and meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze funnels, market trends, and behaviors.
- A positive and self-motivated attitude, a passion for games and a strong sense of initiative.
- You will be required to use word and spreadsheet programs, mainly through Google Drive, Discord, Slack and Google Meet.
- An excellent grasp of the spoken and written English language. It does not have to be your mother tongue, but this will be your main working language. Other languages spoken, such as French, Spanish, etc, are a plus but not a requirement.
We will consider candidates who do not have any formal qualifications in marketing, as long as they have provable experience in marketing-related and content production/management areas. Therefore, this position may appeal to students who are currently studying for a marketing or business qualification and are seeking more experience.
The Game Maker Fund is a multinational and multicultural team of fantastic humans from diverse backgrounds and skills, who work together in team spirit and harmony, regardless of things like personal beliefs and identities. We strongly believe that every human being is amazing and important, including you.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.sandbox.game.