Acala’s mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.
Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the de facto DeFi parachain and stablecoin of the Polkadot ecosystem. Polkadot provides the underlying trust primitives to our parachain, upon which we’ve built our suite of financial primitives including; decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin; trustless staking derivatives, and Decentralized Exchange. These primitives will be used by us and other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and remove the need for the intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system.
We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more. Acala began its launch process on December 18, 2021, and we’ve got regular product launches and tokenomic incentive programs planned throughout 2022, so there’s no better time to join the DeFi mission and be a part of the future that we’re building…because we’re building it for you, too.
NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobs
About the role
As a Fullstack Engineer at Acala your role will focus primarily on the design & development of new application interfaces, and associated backend functions, of our growing suite of DeFi apps. Examples of Products that you will work on include:
– Acala dApps, our DeFi suite for swapping, staking and earning on Polkadot
– Karura dApps, a sister suite for similar DeFi activities on Kusama
You won’t be working alone. You’ll be entering an Engineering team of 20+ all working remotely from 11 different countries, delivering production level code for something that we’re all very determined to manifest into reality; open-sourced decentralised finance.
You’ll have daily support from Bryan and Acala’s Fullstack & Blockchain Engineering Team(s). The same teams that have built the protocols into what they are today. You can inspect some of their achievements here. If you’re passionate about DeFi you’ll quickly be able to contribute new development ideas to our ongoing projects. Nobody else will make your ideas into a reality, but we’ll give you plenty of space to experiment.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Intermediate level Fullstack Engineer, familiar with most of the tools and frameworks listed below. But he/she will also have worked on or experimented with backend web services that interact with blockchain code before, albeit maybe not in a production environment.
Some interview questions will focus on what you’ve learned in doing so, but please don’t be intimidated – we’re very open to candidates of any experience level if they have a mature of interest in decentralised applications and the general concepts behind them.
Competitive Salary | Full Time | 12 month contract | Remote anywhere
What you’ll do
- Design & build new web2 products and features for the Acala & Karura dApps
- Design & build new development tools for the underlying web3 protocols
- Enhance our back-end web services that interact with other blockchains
- Perform code reviews, help us maintain our documentation & QA processes
- Work directly with Bryan and his Fullstack & Blockchain Engineering team(s) working remotely from 9 different countries around the globe
- Work alongside Bette and her PMs to implement new features and tokenomic incentives into our existing applications and products
What it takes
- 3-5 years experience in professional web app development
- Solid understanding of the concepts behind blockchains & smart contracts
- Strong understanding of the MERN foodchain; MongoDB > Node.js > React
- A preference and proficiency for using Typescript as your primary language
- Experience with other web2/web3 tools & frameworks like: PostGres, GraphQL, Mocha/Chai, web3.js & polkadot.js
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, including digital payment options
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobs. For more information on this position, our employment conditions, or anything related to working for Acala, get in touch with our Talent Manager: email@example.com
With approximately 50 full-time team members working across 8 different countries, our team is truly decentralised. We’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate & Rust engineers, full-stack dApp developers, & Economist Analysts. But we’re just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.
The community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:
– Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
– Guidance and Support
– Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
– True decentralisation
– Less Trust, More Truth
– Empowering individuals with more autonomy
What We Have Achieved
Acala was founded in 2019 as an early Web3 Foundation grant recipient, and is an ecosystem and education partner of both the W3F and Polkadot. Throughout 2021 we have proven ourselves to be the DeFi hub(s) of the Polkadot Ecosystem & Community by securing the first crowdloan-funded parachain slots on both the Polkadot & Kusama blockchain networks. But even at this, our true work has only just begun…
NOTE: To all external Recruiters who have ‘exciting profiles’ to share with us, please do so knowing that without signed terms & conditions Acala deem any introductions made to be a complimentary courtesy to the development of the world’s Web3 infrastructure. Thank you for your support.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.